Opening Day Nevada Buck

Goshawker1

I had a awesome time seeing a good amount of both young bucks and many doe.
After deciding on this guy I moved from a distance of 826 yards to 530 yards and took the shot.
This was a very special hunt for me as a high school girl with her father stopped to watch me take my buck.
The story gets better as there was a smaller buck rt there by my downed buck and offered her the gun and shooting sticks to get him.
She nailed her first ever deer at about 20 feet from mine at a distance of 530 yards.
It was awesome to have 2 down within 20 feet.
Needless to say her father and of course they were both very happy !

629C182C-03D0-4EFB-AF44-2C255B80AEAA.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice! I'm diggin' the eye guards on that one. That's nice of you to have offered your rifle and shooting sticks to that young girl. Might as well since you were already dialed in for that distance. :D

300 Remington
She a 243 with her and wouldn’t of been able to reach out that far.
My shot was over and my buck went down instantly, so since it was already to go she took her time and pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
Cabelas 29” to 62” high
Weighs only 2.25 pounds and turns 360 degrees
My old set I use for yotes are getting pretty worn so I just bought this exact same type a couple days before my hunt. And since a young girl could shoot with them and get her first buck
I’m really sold on ‘em!
This is a picture of my exact sticks we both used

82DF2A94-F606-4BD6-80C3-2502562D9E1A.jpeg

Founder
Big thanks, I getting up there in age and have hunted whitetail to Mule deer from coast to coast and I can tell ya I never heard or firsthand witnessed just handing over the rifle and shooting sticks to a youth and scoring 2 deer within 20 feet of each other and I truly applaud this young lady for making the shot at 530 yards on her first buck ( she is 17 )
It was a joyful event to say the least ?

I had a awesome time seeing a good amount of both young bucks and many doe.
After deciding on this guy I moved from a distance of 826 yards to 530 yards and took the shot.
This was a very special hunt for me as a high school girl with her father stopped to watch me take my buck.
The story gets better as there was a smaller buck rt there by my downed buck and offered her the gun and shooting sticks to get him.
She nailed her first ever deer at about 20 feet from mine at a distance of 530 yards.
It was awesome to have 2 down within 20 feet.
Needless to say her father and of course they were both very happy !

View attachment 57819
Congrats.

Cabelas 29” to 62” high
Weighs only 2.25 pounds and turns 360 degrees
My old set I use for yotes are getting pretty worn so I just bought this exact same type a couple days before my hunt. And since a young girl could shoot with them and get her first buck
I’m really sold on ‘em!
This is a picture of my exact sticks we both used

View attachment 57858
That’s a hell of a shot with that rig!! Most of us would have to be prone on a bipod with a rear bag under the stock! ?

That’s a hell of a shot with that rig!! Most of us would have to be prone on a bipod with a rear bag under the stock! ?
It was very good as both myself and a person I never met in my life ( 17 year old ) made the shot standing up and it was very comfortable , the sticks made it easy.

It was very good as both myself and a person I never met in my life ( 17 year old ) made the shot standing up and it was very comfortable , the sticks made it easy.
Unbelievable shots if you were both standing!! We may have to start calling you Carlos Hathcock! Congrats!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom