Opinions on Trespass Fees?

ltnic

Been doing a lot of scouting in MT and e-scouting in other western states lately. What do y'all think about trespass fees to gain easier public land access or just trespass fees to hunt on private land in general? All opinions welcome and encouraged

Colorado public land is a hunting zoo/nightmere (sp). If you do your homework you can find ranchers who depend on the income and are reasonable. I am to old now but haven't hunted public for the last 20 years.

Probably a smart thing to do if you can afford it, and if its reasonable.

I have never paid for access in my life, except donating to AccessYes in Wyoming. My wife and I have donated $4k+ to it since moving here in 2000. A few years we were in the top 10 private donors to the program. I would rather spend money on access for all, versus just access for myself.

I don't do it out of principle and also because it just seems to create more and more of it and pretty quick that's the ONLY way you're going to gain access.

Probably a smart thing to do if you can afford it, and if its reasonable.

I have never paid for access in my life, except donating to AccessYes in Wyoming. My wife and I have donated $4k+ to it since moving here in 2000. A few years we were in the top 10 private donors to the program. I would rather spend money on access for all, versus just access for myself.

I don't do it out of principle and also because it just seems to create more and more of it and pretty quick that's the ONLY way you're going to gain access.
Thanks for the info! I'm unfamiliar with AccessYes. Is it similar to a Block Management, just from the non-profit sector?

If you can afford it, and it is what you want to do, then go for it. I went the trespass route the first few times I hunted in the west, but not have a more limited budget due to having a family so hunt only public land. I would go back to private if I could afford it. The main advantage of private being far less hunting pressure.

Research the property. Some people think that just because it’s private land their are 200 inch bucks around every corner. I have had access to some private land. But this land only had bucks on it when they migrated through to wintering grounds. So timing maybe critical and then there is some land that never has bucks on it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom