Oregon 2021 results are posted.

My brother got a NR cow tag in Sled Springs (2nd choice), and a NR Gerber Res. antelope tag. Those are fairly easy draws and he's getting older so no point in building points.

Wife got one of the new late deer tags and that's all. I got what the little boy shot at.

Nothing out of state either so I hope the chuckar have a good hatch.

My kids both drew Harney Basin mule deer doe tags. I won't even buy the tags and it should save two does that would normally get shot out of a farmers pivot. Not to mention the possibility that those two does might get pregnant and have twins next spring. Possibly saving six deer, or at least giving them a chance. My coworker did the same thing and got his kids the same tag.

It's PATHETIC that people have to apply for a deer tag in Oregon just to get the tag to try and save the animal. Oregon shouldn't have one doe hunt in the entire state. Deer are browsers and don't damage that many crops. Most of the ranchers I know won't even let a person shoot a MD, elk are a different story!

The only thing I drew was a LOP tag for the Maury unit. Not a lot of deer on my friend's place, so it is more of a camping trip.

My kids both drew Harney Basin mule deer doe tags. I won't even buy the tags and it should save two does that would normally get shot out of a farmers pivot. Not to mention the possibility that those two does might get pregnant and have twins next spring. Possibly saving six deer, or at least giving them a chance. My coworker did the same thing and got his kids the same tag.

It's PATHETIC that people have to apply for a deer tag in Oregon just to get the tag to try and save the animal. Oregon shouldn't have one doe hunt in the entire state. Deer are browsers and don't damage that many crops. Most of the ranchers I know won't even let a person shoot a MD, elk are a different story!
The best way to do this is buy the tags. Then do a hunt report. Hunted every day of season. zero success.

Good on you for this. Wish more people would take note. I do not understand the concept of getting doe tags with a population in as rough of shape as Oregon’s. In my opinion they shouldn’t even allow an antlerless tag until populations are above objective.

Oregon shouldn't put out any buck tags if you want to look at it that way.

The doe tags are usually to pacify land owners but if ODFW asked them most would favor ending the doe hunts. they asked me on our doe hunt and like most I said dump it. they did, their only concern was the lost revenue I'm sure.

Nothing here but that’s what I expected since I only really applied for sheep and mtn goat.

Back
Top Bottom