oregon blacktail

S

skyriver

I have been bow hunting for blacktails in Oregon the past three years. I won't say it's been real productive, but that is my fault, not for lack of deer. I really enjoy hunting down there have seen some nice bucks and had some good oppurtunities, just haven't been able to close the deal. Anybody else hunt around Lane or benton co. skyriver

Sky: I havent, but wanted to tell you about a good book by Cameron Hanes, Hunting Trophy Blacktails that is all about bow hunting primarily in Oregon. You might get some decent tips on areas/tactics etc.........

Skyriver
You can probly find it at Amazon.com or at your local hunting store. I have read it but do not own it...It is really good.

Bura, you are correct. I went to a seminar he put on at the sportsman expo. It was really good, this guy knows what he's doing. I belive he said he was from Eugene Or. Well any ways I looked thrue the book, but did not buy it ( had already spent all my money for the day) it seemed to be a good book and I plan on ordering it my self. And yes you can get it from eastmans.
curtis.

Bowhunting Trophy Blacktail by Cameron Hanes is an excellent book. Ive read this book countless times and always learn something new everytime. you can order the book directly from his website at www.crhpublishing.com or from The Bow Rack at www.thebowrack.com
It cost 24.95 and is worth every penny.

Hey Skyriver I hunt Lane county, late hunt mostly, have taken a couple bucks in 110 120 range. I hunt south Lane county the most, but used to have some good hunting where shotgun creek dr ops over twoards brownsville, big caynon, hard pack.
Took a nice 4 point last year. picture at west 11th archery.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom