Oregon Elk trespass fee properties

rtoreson

Looking for a little info on potential properties that might offer access for a fee? Would need to be fairly moderate country as one of our group is an older gentleman although he still gets around ok. Would have around 10pts for the draw. Thanks for any local info. It's much appreciated.

Realistically there are very few places you can do that anymore. I won't say it's impossible but nearly.

The majority of the good hunting has been bought by big money out of state owners and the hunting is a lot of why they bought it. most of the real ranches left also save it for themselves or lease it out.

With 10 points you can draw several quality units with very low hunter pressure and hunt public lands.

Thx guys. That’s kinda what I figured. I’ve been doing a bunch of lookin and options r slim. I was hopin someone might have some insider info. It seems like some decent elk units take 7-8pts and then it jumps up to like 20+ for the few once in a lifetime type unit. Not much in the 10-15pt area.

You're correct, the jump from good to really good is about 15 points. unless you're 12 years old you're never going to draw the top tags so you may as well draw a mid quality tag and start building points for the next one. you're in no man's land now.

Land ownership in eastern OR just isn't what it used to be, ranching isn't a way of life anymore it's a tax write off for absentee owners.

Back
Top Bottom