Oregon Fees

S

Slide

Has anyone heard that Oregon was raising their fees on hunting license and tags? If so does anyone know how much they are increasing them? A guy I work with told the license was going up $100.00 in the year 2010 but the source is a little shaky so I thought I would ask you guys.

Thank you,

Slide

If you mean $100 for a NR that wouldn't surprise me at all, look at what the other states are doing.

I wish they would raise the price for a resident to $100, cut tag numbers back and spend a little money on game managment rather than budget managment. tag numbers need to be based on something other than how much revenue is need to keep your job but do nothing, given their managment capibilities the only way I can see for them to manage the game dept better is to charge more and put out less tags.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-08 AT 09:12AM (MST)[p]Yes that is what I heard, I'm sorry that I didn't mention that in my first post. The guy told me that the NR fees were going up $100.00 so that puts it at almost $200.00 for a NR license. He also said that the NR elk tag would be just shy of $500.00. Like I said I'm not sure if this is true but you are right dude all the other states are going up why not Oregon.

Slide

If you mean $100 for a NR that wouldn't surprise me at all, look at what the other states are doing.

I wish they would raise the price for a resident to $100, cut tag numbers back and spend a little money on game managment rather than budget managment. tag numbers need to be based on something other than how much revenue is need to keep your job but do nothing, given their managment capibilities the only way I can see for them to manage the game dept better is to charge more and put out less tags.

+1

and make central and southern oregon units 3 point and better. Give the young forky's a chance to learn what a gunshot and an indian spotlight are.

brdhunter, what I'm hearing is the fee is going up in the year 2010. I'm just trying to see if anyone else has heard this or not. If this is true it will really have an impact on me and my father. We have 13pts for elk and I have 9pts for antelope. It may change the way we apply this year. It is just getting so expensive to apply let alone buy a tag if a guy does draw.

Slide

If you have 13 points you have to see it through, unless you're waiting for the Wenaha what are you waiting for? other than that tag the world is your oyster, I'm jealous.

The 9 goat points aren't much of a prize, you could get a tag but nothing exciting.

Only $78 for a NR license? Remember a NR has to buy a license every year to get a bonus point. Theat means around 4 to 5 years paid and we don't go hunt unless we draw a tag. It adds up to about $300 before we draw.

I misspoke, we only have 11pts for elk. We have been trying to draw the Mt. Emily bull hunt. The problem is I will not apply without my dad so that puts us out of the running for units like the Wenaha, not enough NR tags. I know the antelope pts. are not impressive but I have a real desire to shoot one and I know a unit where I can get a pretty good one, the only problem is it will take me another 3yrs at least to draw.

Slide

You should draw Mt Emily next year, or within the next couple years for sure.

Oregon is a cheap state for a NR to apply in, unfortunetly Oregon also treats the NR the worst when it comes to alloted tags. add to that the fact the hunting isn't great unless you draw a super tag if I didn't live here I'm not sure I'd apply myself. my guess is if we weren't between two high population states so we were a shorter drive it would be hard to sell a NR license.

Dude, for us Oregon is a great way to go being we live 15 minutes from the border. As far as the hunting goeas it's better than where we live. My da got a nice 32" muley 5yrs ago in E. Oregon, we drew the same unit 2yrs ago and didn't see anything at all. But you are right as far as price goes it's tough to beat.

Happy Holidays,

Slide

Back
Top Bottom