Oregon LOP Maury Unit

B

buckmiser

I got a hold of some LOP tags for a 12,000 acre ranch north of Brothers in Deschutes and Crook Counties. I have done some research and it seems as if the herds in the Maury unit have suffered over the last few years. I'm sure this drought isn't helping, not to mention lions!

I was wondering what some of your opinions on this unit were. The land owner recently drilled a bunch of new wells and fixed up the existing ones. About one per section at this point. Seems like it should help.

Anyhow I'm pretty sure we should be able to find some bucks on an area this size.

Cheers,
Buckmiser

There are some great bucks in that area. Especially on private land. Here is a 167in buck I got a few years back. I hunt that area most years it really depends on which ranch you are on.
544img0012.jpg

Nice buck there kz. I'll be looking for bucks like that come fall!
I'm guessing you are hunting private ground. What part of the unit are you in?

I will be checking out the ranch Memorial Day weekend for the first time. As I said the owner has put in a bunch of new wells so that should help quite a bit.

Now if I could convince him to put in some alfalfa pivots we'd have it made!

Anyone else got any pics from the Maury Unit?

Following up on this thread. Drew my rifle tag for the Maury Unit this year and will be hunting public land. Hopefully with the reduced number of tags available now this will be a good hunt. Seems like there is a pretty good buck to doe ratio. Any tips on the area or places to look for? Any help is appreciated hooah!

Following up on this thread. Drew my rifle tag for the Maury Unit this year and will be hunting public land. Hopefully with the reduced number of tags available now this will be a good hunt. Seems like there is a pretty good buck to doe ratio. Any tips on the area or places to look for? Any help is appreciated hooah!
Kylcar123 just curious how your 2019 hunt went in the Maury unit

Back
Top Bottom