Oregon Raffle tag 06 buck

Huffmad

This buck was taken by a guy who had the north east oregon raffle tag. What i have heard is this buck gross around 202.
45cbd10c6d3659f6.jpg

WOW,very nice congrates...
I don't mean to be a naysayer but this buck was probaly shot in Id. and Brought back to Or. Becuase we ALL know there are no big bucks in Oregon... ;) LOL

CW

Wow! Buck of a lifetime for sure! Congrats to the hunter!
ismith

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ anonymous

Interesting that Huntin' Fool says that Oregon really isn't worth trophy hunting. That looks worth it to me.

That is a great buck, especially from Oregon. Everywhere there are muleys there are some great ones, but don't think for a second that there are bucks like this waiting for you in Oregon.

Rich

"don't think for a second that there are bucks like this waiting for you in Oregon"

ANYMORE. . .

>Oregon has a raffle drawing every
>year for elk, muleys...
>
>muleyman

Yes, and they also have auction tags. The hunter that drew the NE raffle tag is Russell Bingaman. The hunter in the picture looks like Calvin Spratling who purchased the tag via auction for $31,000. Either way, that's a big Oregon buck.

That would be one of my dream areas to hunt, but I understand non resident odds for the NE corner are crappy. We used to camp in the upper Grande Rhonde drainage and saw no lack of animals or great looking country.

bittersweet -
Thats his signature, he wasn't asking if this particular post was ethical. Just thought I would give you the heads up. Thats confused me a couple times too.

The buck was killed on 11/18 - guide in picture is Mark Moncrief. He gets some nice bucks out of Oregon. Some units still hold nice bucks, but getting one during the season is another story. This buck summered in a wilderness so you better be ready to walk to hunt the area. Someone said hunter is Russell ? which I think is right, when Mark emailed me the picture the heading was Russbuck.

that thing is a hog. i don't guess scores but what does a buck like that score?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-07 AT 04:57PM (MST)[p]WOW!!! Nice Buck I'll say 202 but don't look in the bottom left hand corner beside the picture!!! lol Good Luck

Who says Oregon doesn't hold BIG bucks, on public land?! There were three BIGGER non-typicals in the same area when I killed this one during archery season.

45cd6dad4552e8a3.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-07
>AT 04:57?PM (MST)

>
>WOW!!! Nice Buck I'll say 202
>but don't look in the
>bottom left hand corner beside
>the picture!!! lol Good Luck
>
OK...thanks. next time i'll open my dang eyes. i was distracted

Yep and that Buck was 10,000 dollars as well. Mark called alot of Governor tag holders to come and shoot that buck and many did not go after him. Oregon still has some stud bucks. I am glad Huntin fool ranks oregon low means that when we do pull a pig out alot of people are just amazed.

People need to look at the record books Oregon has had some incredible bucks killed out of it. The genetics are here just too many cougars result not too many pig bucks. Trust me on the Winter Ranges there are some freaking absolute studs. Just where are they during hunting season people are not certain. Alot are from the Backside of Walker Mountain. I know for certain this year I saw 7 bucks that went 200 plus Gross bucks in Oregon 3 on one winter range 2 on another and 2 during the rut. But yeah there are some big bucks still left here just need to have a good rut hunt. That is why the Raffle and Governor tags are a great deal.

But yeah we got a black eye but there are still a few left.

Will we ever do anything about the mountain Lion population?
GOD help the Muleys!

TM
(BIG OLD HUNTER)

probably not before the sheep are all gone. Considering what a sheep is worth, I can't believe they don't do something. Washington is in the same boat, but they are learning with opening some hound hunting back up. Don't worry Oregon, Washington isn't even in honorable mention as far as huntin'fool goes. BUMMER! ; )

The Blacktail and Mule Deer of California are in deep trouble. A Game Management friend, ( California Wildlife Service) told me recently that he believes that so much damage has been done to the deer herds by Mountain Lions that they may never recover. Politics over science does'nt work!

TM

this hunter was the raffle winner his name is russell bingaman and the other guy is mark moncrief. The story that I got and I was from one of his relatives was that some one else called russell up and told him about this buck and were it was. Russell had been using moncrief so he called him up and moncrief offered to come help him so they went out and shot the buck. I have not heard anything about a $10000 buck. I would not put it past moncrief to try and sell a finders fee on a buck but I do not think it was this buck. Also the way I have heard moncrief is not taking credit for finding this buck but he is also is not saying he did not find this buck. any ways it does not matter it is a good oregon buck who ever found it.

In NE oregon the cat and the bear problem is getting worse every year, soon you will be lucky to find very many deer or elk. We need a Gov. that will show some backbone and ODFW to stop riding the fence and help our herds out.

Like has been posted earlier, Oregon has good bucks and some great ones. Harder than hell to find in September though.

Favorite part of hunting the Nov cow hunts are watching the bucks rut. Hunted the far NE corner twice and saw dozens of cookie cutter, 25-26" average horned bucks rutting. Spent a whole day just sitting in the snow, watching 2 different herds and the mature bucks chasing small bucks and rutting does. Forgot I was suposed to shoot an elk that day.

Saw one 32"+, heavy and high in the Desolation Unit. The day before Thanksgiving though. Disappointed that I only saw 5 bucks in a week on that trip.

Back
Top Bottom