Oregon turkey hunt

3TOE

Very Active Member
So this is several weeks late, but as soon as my hunt ended I was crazy busy with work.
I returned to Oregon this year with 3 friends. 2 of them were newby turkey hunters so it made for a lot of laughs & some frustration at times. In our group we had one guy archery hunting, 2 of us hunted with .410’s & one guy brought a 12. In all we harvested 9 birds, but with missed shots, no shots taken & other mishaps we should have all easily tagged out. I can’t thank our friends & new friends from Oregon enough for their hospitality & generosity. We all had an absolutely great time & it appears that I now have 2 more buddies to share my passion of turkey hunting with.
6FCAA3CB-EC47-431D-A986-5E3F6CC86707.jpeg
7BC9B3E1-9989-43E3-BBC0-BCE95B95538E.jpeg
447BF018-3CA7-4AAE-81A9-E30BE39DF51B.jpeg
A4A17C16-8F06-424F-971F-15A257C7716F.jpeg
700A0E1C-2504-4B1F-B841-8964D6C170EC.jpeg
6B677893-400F-4DBC-9943-EABDAAEBF71A.jpeg

That Oregon season runs late, making for a very long season for those who start hunting in March. I have not been able to justify the time, yet, but your photos definitely piqued my interest. Glad you had a good time.

If you don't mind me asking, did you find much opportunity on public lands, or private timber land open to public?

That Oregon season runs late, making for a very long season for those who start hunting in March. I have not been able to justify the time, yet, but your photos definitely piqued my interest. Glad you had a good time.

If you don't mind me asking, did you find much opportunity on public lands, or private timber land open to public?
I apologize for the late response as I haven’t been on the site for over a month. There are tons of birds on the public lands, but this year only 2 of our birds came off of public.

I apologize for the late response as I haven’t been on the site for over a month. There are tons of birds on the public lands, but this year only 2 of our birds came off of public.

When I finally retire, I will give this a look. Thanks again.

When I finally retire, I will give this a look. Thanks again.
No problem at all. This was just my second year hunting there & I fell in love with the area. I’m actually contemplating to relocate there. Im going to take my wife on a short vacation in August so she can check out the area. Regardless of what we end up doing, I will definitely return at least for the turkey hunting.

Back
Top Bottom