Original style caps?

B

Blacktail_boy

Can you guys please give a couple names of good inlines that use original style percussion caps? I was just about to get one that used 209 primers but Cris saved me from making that mistake, I was unaware they were illegal in Wa. Thanks Cris.....B_B

I mentioned this on another thread a while back, but I'm not sure if you ever saw it...the way the Wa. regulations read I'm not even sure if in-lines are legal. The regs say "original style percussion caps that fit on the nipple and are exposed to the elements." Now, I used to hunt with a Thompsen/Center Renegade so I am not that familiar with in-lines, but with an in-line isn't the cap inside where it is NOT exposed to the elements? Hopefully somebody will know the answer to this.

As long as the breech is exposed, inline or not it will be LEGAL to use in washington. The T/C Encore, Omega and Knight disc would be examples of a non exposed breech I do believe they have some sight regulations, like no Fiber Optic but you would want to check that out.

B_b,

I did some checking in the Bass Pro Mag I have and found out that there are quite a few inline rifles that have interchangable ignitions (wish I would have known last year). Traditions Lighting Bolt, Knight disc, T/C Black Diamond, and the Remington 700 inline. All are priced from $250 to around $500. Hope this helps.

Sportfury

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom