Oroville....

feddoc

Long Time Member
Any of you folks live there? Seems like a nice place; I was there Friday and going back to complete some business next week. Figured we might meet up. I'll buy a burger.

I used to spend some time at Oroville when I was hunting the Afterbay. Very nice area. Check out RCBS when you're in town. 605 Oro Dam Boulevard East. And the sporting goods store next door. Lots of game mounts.

Huntingtons Sports Store is what he is talking about, cool store. If you like meth its a great town. Walmart has interesting people watching. Good fishing, and mountain east of dam has some good bucks on it. We stay there every fall and duck hunt west in the rice fields.

I believe RELH lives up there not far from you maybe you can hook up with him and buy a new knife........... Not tin can cutter either...

My son and I spent a ton of time in that area over the last 30 years.
One of the Salmon capitols of California.
Sadly, the drought might entirely kill this year's salmon run.
Some of my best days were spent up and down the Feather River.
Better days...

Screenshot-20210704-182310-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20210704-182328-Instagram.jpg

Feddoc, Oroville has it's good areas and some areas not so good due to white trash meth users. I moved from the hills, Brownsville to the town of Sutter that is about 20 miles from Oroville.
Sutter is a small farming town of mostly working people and retirees and in my opinion is a far better place to live. Sutter is only 5 miles from Yuba City and major shopping.
The salmon fishing is great here and so is the stripe bass fishing on the Feather and Sacramento rivers. Homes in Sutter sell quick and at top dollar as I found out.

RELH

Feddoc, Oroville has it's good areas and some areas not so good due to white trash meth users. I moved from the hills, Brownsville to the town of Sutter that is about 20 miles from Oroville.
Sutter is a small farming town of mostly working people and retirees and in my opinion is a far better place to live. Sutter is only 5 miles from Yuba City and major shopping.
The salmon fishing is great here and so is the stripe bass fishing on the Feather and Sacramento rivers. Homes in Sutter sell quick and at top dollar as I found out.

RELH
My son has really taken after those big stripers...

Screenshot-20210706-070251-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20210706-070301-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20210706-070355-Instagram.jpg

Coming North out of Oroville, how is that highway for pulling a 25' trailer? I think it is HWY 70.

RELH
I think you made a good move! Sutter is a great area.

Reno to Oroville then back to Reno. The trip there is along 80, then 20.

Coming back I wanted to see a bit of some different country. So, I figured to take 70 back to Reno. Then on to Colorado.
I thought you were going toward Chico on 70.....lol I've never been on 70 east of Oroville.

Hwy.#70 from Oroville will take you up the Feather River Canyon to Quincy, CA. then it connects to a highway to Reno. That drive though the Feather River Canyon is a very beautiful drive that you will enjoy. The Feather River was the first river in CA. to be declared a "wild and scenic river".
My hunting partner and I used to drive that route to Quincy to attend a car show they have there every year. He drove his restored 39 Chevy pickup and I took my restored 68 Mustang.
Eel Hwy.#70 forks above Oroville. Left to Chico, right to Quincy via Feather River Canyon.

RELH

Last edited:
Hwy.#70 from Oroville will take you up the Feather River Canyon to Quincy, CA. then it connects to a highway to Reno. That drive though the Feather River Canyon is a very beautiful drive that you will enjoy. The Feather River was the first river in CA. to be declared a "wild and scenic river".
My hunting partner and I used to drive that route to Quincy to attend a car show they have there every year. He drove his restored 39 Chevy pickup and I took my restored 68 Mustang.
Eel Hwy.#70 forks above Oroville. Left to Chico, right to Quincy via Feather River Canyon.

RELH
Good Gold country there lots of claims in that canyon. It was good pickin after that time when the water went over the dam.....
We sure could use some of that water now

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom