Oryx Vitals

huntswnm

We hear all the time that the vitals on an Oryx are further forward than north american game. I found this picture on the net showing how the vitals are situated. Does anyone else have a photo or drawing that may be of some help as well?

Jeff

479e69910fbdd6fa.jpg

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, weapon in one hand, calls in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I am not sure of the website. I just went to google images and searched for Gemsbok Vitals, or something like that and it brought up that picture. I think it is a sample out of a book you could buy that has shot placement/vitals charts for all African game.

Jeff

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, weapon in one hand, calls in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

That's as good of a drawing as you'll find.

From broadside, draw a horizontal line from the black striping at the flank, then cross it straight up from the front leg.

The vitals are forward and low. You want to pop them right through the lower shoulder to hit vitals and achor them.

They're a pretty tough critter that can absorb a lot of shock for their size, and they will drop their heads and turn on you when wounded/cornered.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom