Osprey packs anyone?

HIcountryman

Very Active Member
anyone use these for hunting? I am in market for new day plus... pack. Need a little bigger than previous day pack, and zipper broke. Saw used Osprey Eclipse 42 + 5 for $79. i guess the plus 5 is for a zippered pocket that can pull out to fill, or something like that. I cannot afford much more for a pack now, looking for any experience/opinions on Osprey pack for hunting use, Thanks

Here is a pic. Lightly used but looks pretty good

20210331_135132.jpg

I got my wife the women’s Renn 65 and she really likes it. I think they make quality gear.

I had an older model and it really hurt my shoulders when fully packed. I could not imagine hauling game out with the one I had. Have you considered buying a better, heavily used pack. You could probably find one for not much more than they are asking for the Osprey pack?

Osprey is HQ’d here in little old Cortez America. They have local appreciation sales where they have lots of factory seconds for flaws you cant even find. Over 20 years we‘ve ended up with a pile of everything from duffles to briefcases, including probably a dozen daypacks and a couple of full sized packs. All top shelf and comfortable.

Someone will probably ask about their corporate political positions. I don’t care. The best long underwear I have ever had is Patagonia and I don’t regret buying it.

I have a frame pack for heavy loads so I won't be jamming it with full with meat. Just looking for a good day pack or good for couple nights' scouting trip. Thanks for the replies. Seems like it may fit my needs for the price.

Bluehair do you have any osprey 45 to 60L (or similar)capacity packs you may part with? If you have something you don't use anymore...

I have to figure out what that is. I’m trying to visualize how many Schlitz tall’s will fit in one. :geek:

We have some extra daypacks, but small ones from the kids. The biggest ones we have are a couple of mid sized internal frame packs that we are hanging on to (90L?).

I went and looked and the 10 year old pack I use is an “atmos 35”. It has a cool suspension system to let your back breathe. I think it would work for an overnighter If you don’t use a giant sleeping bag like I do.

So, 250 words later, no I don’t think we have anything like what you are looking for. Sorry.

thanks anyway, thought i should ask. i'll probably go get that pack .... it is at a store where if i can wait till 4/17 it will be about $20 cheaper. i should go buy it today! nothing like buying some gear to get pumped about getting outdoors. probably don't need it for turkey season but it'll be fun to have something new/kinda new.

No sign yet where I got one last yr opening day... Maybe I need to head down there!
Bought pack yesterday. I like it so far!

I’ve had it one trip so far, but I have a Stratos 36 for hunts where I’ll be able to go back for a ‘pack out pack’ It carries very comfortably. Great for warmer days due to the back panel design and it’s 2.5 pounds lighter than the Eberlestock daypack it replaced.

Thanks. I bought pack. I like its vertical/panel design. Three good sized compartments plus a couple small ones. Won't have to root thru everything to get to stuff.

I know you've already made your decision, but thought I'd chime in anyway to echo everything that has been said. I bought one for backpacking a few years back and used it on a DIY pack-in bighorn sheep hunt. Went in heavy, came out much heavier (see my avatar pic). The pack handled it beautifully.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom