OTC 2009 Oryx

I am good friends with one of the main Biologist on the WSMR and talking to him the other day it sounds like that is going to happen. Also it looks like they will be making the Small Missle Range a regular hunt not a Once in a Lifetime Hunt as numbers continue to dwindle in that area of post.

The real wonder I have about the Off Ranger Oryx is whether they will be managed like the Barbary Sheep (one animal per hunter per year) or like the Off Range Ibex where you can shoot as many as you want as long as you have enough tags with your licence. It will be interesting to see.

Jordan

Thanks for the update Balz. It's a shame but at least I know what I and every other hunter in the state of New Mexico will be doing on every single day off....bummer...it's gonna' be a zoo.

Too bad for those of you that have luck in the draw. For me it will be a chance to go since I have no luck with the off range hunt draws. Have to agree that their will be a hunter or two on every single road.

I think you'll have to apply through the internet and buy the license by the February deadline though. That would prevent someone from spotting one shooting it and running to town to get a license. There will probably be lots of hunters the first couple of months but it will slow down a little as the year wears on.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom