other tag draw....CA

woodturner

Question: In past years there was an offer to purchase a chance at what used to be auction tags. One for sheep, another for elk, antelope and deer.
I did not see that when I purchased my license and deer tag this year. Did I miss it? Or is that gone?

I did not purchase a lot of chances......but some.
Always thought there may be a chance you know.
Thanks.
I just wanted to make sure I did not miss them if they were there.

They gave the tags to organizations, like wild sheep foundation, so that they could be auctioned off to the wealthiest hunters. No telling where the money goes. It's also a big win for guides who get to shop the best animals to the wealthy auction winners.

Last edited:
So, The Dept. goes from giving tags to organizations for some time. Then, decides to give everyone a chance at the tags and sells chances. Someone with huge money does not like that because they now can't just buy the tag they want and complains to the Dept./Commission........and they GIVE the tags back to the organizations.....who use the money to pay those who run the organizations. Once again.......Normal hunters are the ones who loose. Where does the money go?
Sorry.....just me complaining.

So, The Dept. goes from giving tags to organizations for some time. Then, decides to give everyone a chance at the tags and sells chances. Someone with huge money does not like that because they now can't just buy the tag they want and complains to the Dept./Commission........and they GIVE the tags back to the organizations.....who use the money to pay those who run the organizations. Once again.......Normal hunters are the ones who loose. Where does the money go?
Sorry.....just me complaining.
Don’t worry, they are going to use all that big money to reintroduce more condors into the wild. In about 25 years there won’t be any deer left but you might be able to draw a condor tag. Everyone wins.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom