Our Axis for your??????

creekrat

Well let me introduce myself. My name is Paul and I was turned on to this place by another member here. I have never been hunting out west and really have the itch to do so.

My cousin and I are wanting to head west next year and have started preparing to do so (Just waiting for the CA Ridgeline in 300wm that I bought to show up). What we have to offer is an axis deer hunt just outside of San Antonio, TX. His family has some land there and that is the region of one of the largest free roaming herds of axis in the state. This is not a stalk hunt but more of a set up in a blind and wait. My cousin an I would prep the fields for a month or so before someone was set to arrive so that they had the best opportunity of not only meat in the freezer but also a wall hanger.
Here are some of the best parts:
-Texas does require that you have a hunting license but a non-resident 5 day is something like $45
-Since axis are not indigenous to the state there is no season or bag limit but the best times tend to be in spring and early summer
-Axis is arguably some of the best game meat you will eat

That being said, we would like to pursue antelope or elk as our primary targets(We have 0 pp so would most likely be CO OTC but are open to other suggestions as well). If it's mule season and there are leftovers we would probably go ahead and grab those tags as well. We are looking for more of a DIY with some local help so to speak. If you're interested or know someone that may be please let me know.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom