our idaho hunt

ID_hunter27

just got back from a 3 day trek out of 4 tags we filled two our first was a 3x3 was 3x4 busted as some point taken on the 12. or second was shot today a good decent 4x4 if you dont count i guards. posting pics now

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/25103x3_11.jpg

camp was set back in a small draw just off the road a bit.
this is the 3x3 we left for camp on the night of the 11th so the morning of the 12 got up right about sunrise went straight up the hill behind our camp as we topped out to walk the ridge line i stopped to take my jacket off in the process of doing that i noticed four white dots on the other side of the canyon 3 down low and one up high after about 15 or so minutes of looking we decided the top one was the one we were taken 1 shot at 480 or so did the trick ( im not a fan of long shots but we were in a really tough spot for a stalk on top of the ridge in a burn zone so no cover and 3 other deer down low in the bottom and him up high) he took off straight down to the bottom go figure as he got to about 150 yards he just fell flat the other three were so lost the started walking towards us we decided it was there lucky day we already got one to fetch so why bother with the others and it was only about an hour into our 3 day hunt.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/88975x5_111.jpg

on the 13 i walked the same ridge as we did on the 12 and only saw 4 doe boring day on the 14 it was worse we went to another area and so well we saw the ground the sky and a few birds. on the 15th i told the group i was gonna stay at camp but hike the the mtn on the other side of the road and i was not coming back to camp until dark or i got one. at 630 i was out of camp and started up the hill i was topped out at day break and sweating my ass off so i stopped chugged some of my drink and started up the hill through the thick ass brush. well the drink decided it would go straight through me so as i was relieving myself i heard so brush rustle not thinking to much of it cuz of all the birds and chipmunks and other critters didnt even bother thinking it could be a deer so in mid stream i look down and see two whites butts jumping down the hill ( didnt know it was possible to cut it off like that) whip the rifle out and see its only two forkies well i tell myself theres got to be a bigger one some where right so i start circleing where there were headed and not even looking ahead of me at all but outta no where i catch movement dead ahead

that moment i can tell its a deer and there is a rack. rifle is up at shoulder and deer is already in the sight. gun goes off holy ##### theres another buck straight down the mtn he goes. look up after i watched my buck go down holy wheres my deer o hell no i didnt miss did i panic sets in. all three sides are down hill nasty
brush covered mess. i run over there there is no tracks i see no blood nothing. im freaking out right now im thinking i didnt shoot and invisible deer did i o my god what the hell did i do. run around for a few minutes pacing back in forth looking for anything and nothing freaking out finally i decide well ill go the the edge and start down this mess then i see movement in the only clear spot for ever as far as i can see and holy hell ya hes down not getting up but not dead o relief sets in like no other one more shot and then i realize this sucks its only five days into the season and im done well non res tag here i come

Great Job!

Freedom is not Free!
RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"
2605scott_tribute.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom