Our name change

eelgrass

Long Time Member
It's official. The Dept. of Fish and Game will now be called the Dept. of Fish and Wildlife.

It seems like a big waste of money to a State that is broke, unless you have another agenda in mind.......

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-game-gets-a-name-change-and-controversy?lite

Call them words of war between hunters and wildlife activists: Starting Jan. 1, California's Department of Fish and Game will become Department of Fish and Wildlife.

The change, hunters say, reflects a move away from traditional hunting and fishing values and is part of a bigger push by the Humane Society of the United States to eliminate hunting across the nation.

Environmentalists and animal activists say it reflects a move to manage all wildlife in the state, not just "game" for hunters.

California's change was made in state legislation signed into law by Gov. Jerry Brown last week. The bill was one of six signed by Brown that the Humane Society championed as "reinforcing California?s standing as a national leader in animal protection."

Just to change the decals on the vehicles along will run into big money. I remember when our sheriff's dept had to give the local warden one of our vehicle radios so that he could call for backup from our dept. The state was too damn cheap to buy him one.

RELH

I wouldn't worry about all of the costs for this change with decals, logos, stationary, uniforms, website, business cards and any other things. They can just raise our fees to pay for this change. Isn't this state great.

Will they still have the "HUNTING" icon on the website or will they change the name of that to "Wildlife management for Citizens"???

You're probably right larrbo. We get to pay for the knife they use to stab us in the back.

Eel

I'm not to concerned as of yet, if you look most states use the Wildlife name...The money thing is a joke with our state being broke, so maybe the HSU guys can pay for it...

Good thing is that I drew 3 out of 4 species this year and can now bail and take my Sheep points with me! ;-)

2010 Bowtech Destroyer 340...

(Huffman, the state senator, said he understood the nervousness of hunters but insisted hunting and fishing still have a place in California. "I think people will just have to bear with us and have this play out over time," he told the Associated Press. "I am very confident this is going to be good not only for hunting and fishing but for all aspects of the department's mission.")

So, they are asking us to trust them! lol I wonder how far i can throw them because that is how much i trust them!

I'm not opposed for our fish and "wildlife" Dept look out for other, non-game animals, butterflies, lizards,... but would appreciate that our hunting license and game tag money be spent to mostly manage hunting and game animals. The Butterflies and lizards programs can be funded by HSUS, fat chance of that, and the other conservation Orgs. pushing for this change or "expansion".

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-12 AT 12:58PM (MST)[p]My buddy who is in Cal FIRE, laughed when I told him this. His reason he said was that the Dept of Fish and Game was tired of being called CAL FAG by the other State Agencies. HA HA

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-12
>AT 12:58?PM (MST)

>
>My buddy who is in Cal
>FIRE, laughed when I told
>him this. His reason
>he said was that the
>Dept of Fish and Game
>was tired of being called
>CAL FAG by the other
>State Agencies. HA HA
>

Your buddy who works for the other agency that had to change its name and cost us millions?

can't say much about the name change, but its been clear to me that animal activists have been infiltrating the DFG for quite some time now, just look at what they did to the commish for killing a prized Mt. Lion outta state none the less? ....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom