Outfitter recommendation

EVILNR

Very Active Member
Looking at a 2011 fall Brown Bear hunt on AK peninsula
with Revelation Mountain Outfitters (Tony Dingess). I'm finding some good (mostly sheep) and some bad/good (bear) opinions on this outfitter. I'm not much on reference lists as they can be manipulated and filtered. Expensive once in a lifetime hunt.

What say ye?

I don't know this guide but you may want to ask for the names of clients that hunted but did not kill a bear. Call these former clients and see how their hunt was conducted. There are lots of reasons for not killing a bear including weather, again weather, passing up to many bears looking for a 10 footer, poor shooting, poor physical condition ...etc. These can all be legitimate reasons but if the guide provided poor service, didn't hunt hard, had poor equipment, incompetent assistant guides ...etc then look for a different guide.

Also check with the State of Alaska Big Game Commercial Services Board to see if there are any past or current criminal investigations of any guide you are planning to use before you give anyone a deposit.

I met a guide on Kodiak named Karl Braendel and he is the real deal. I spoke with the airtaxi (Seahawk Air) I use on Kodiak and they told me Karl's clients always get big bears. You can contact Karl at 907 745-4064.

I hunted with Dennis Harms of Alaska Trophy Safaries on Kodiak Island.Great hunt! He is a MASTER GUIDE.

Check out this web site. http://www.adamsguideservice.com/ The guide is Bob Adams a real straight shooter has only been guiding his area for about 30 years has ever take 10 footer and super HUGE moose. I was a packer for him one season and if you are in shape and can hike you will get a bear. He also has an amazing float trip for a bear that includes some incredible fishing for Rainbows, salmon, and grayling. He is about a year out on hunt booking but tell him Brad referred you and see if he has any cancelations and he might be able to get you in earlier.

I ended up booking with Wade Renfroe out of Bethel (Renfroes Alaskan Adventures). Sept 21- Oct.2 of this year!!! Brown Bear, Black Bear, Wolf, Wolverine. An adventure hunt for sure. My first time to AK.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom