OUTFITTER SERVICE QUESTION # 2

YukonDall

Long Time Member
ANYONE ON MM KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE HUNTING OPERATION OF MONTANA HIGH COUNTRY OUTFITTERS ??? THIS FELLOW IS TIM REISHUS OUT OF NOXON MONTANA ALSO. I'M DOING HOMEWORK & REFERENCES FOR A ELK & DEER HUNT BEFORE THE MARCH 15TH APP. PERIOD. ANY INFO. WILL BE APPRECIATED....GOOD/BAD/OTHERWISE. HE ADVERTISES HERE ON MM. ..THANKS..YD.

Just wondering why you keep looking at the NW part of the state, I'm no expert but from what I have learned over the years, the elk densities are lower and the country is steeper. I think you can do better in central MT, try and find an outfitter with some private land, you will pay more but it is definely worth it.
jd

THE REMOTENESS IS PROVIDING HUGH BULLS, & BIG WHITETAIL BUCKS ON A COMBO HUNT W/AN OPTION FOR A MULE DEER. THE GAURANTEED TAGS ARE NICE..... FOR A PRICE LESS THAN HALF OF WHAT NEW MEXICO BULLS ARE GOING FOR. PLUS I ALWAYS LIKE TO HUNT AN AREA THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN TO, ON A COMBO HUNT TO BOOT. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE AREA....IS IT A WASTE OF TIME OR $$$$. THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS & TIME.....YD.

Unless you are bowhunting and the elk are talking from what I've been told it is a very tough hunt in that part of MT, my friends that went with Weare's never saw an elk, and just a couple of small deer. They were looking for the same thing you are, a nice combo hunt with the chance for a big one.
I've learned over the last 20 years of elk hunting out west is that you certainly get what you pay for, I WILL NOT go on a hunt on public land unless it is a limited entry area in MT ID and CO, states that limit the amount of hunters like WY and NM are a different story, For the price of the hunt and the cost of the MT license you can do better.
jd

YD:

Come to Washington instead and I will line you up with a guide that will put you on a GIANT spike bull! lol

Seriously,

Good luck with the research, and thanks for your help with my upcoming dall sheep hunt!

Bryan

HEY BRIAN, I WAS GLAD TO SEE THAT HOOKUP WORKED OUT SO WELL. LET ME KNOW IF ANYTHING POPS ON A CANCELLATION HUNT....THE SEARCH CONTINUES. HAPPY SHEEP HUNT PLANNING,..... YD.

They do kill some real monsters in that part of MT. I remember stopping in Noxon at the only place in town, a gas station/restuarant/bar type place and the photos they had in there of the deer and elk were unbelievable. i think alot of critters up there die of old age without feeling too much pressure. If a guy wanted a slammer whitetail that is where I would head.

YD Did you contact Wayne Hill? Just curious because all I ever here is good things about his operation.
My friend has taken 3 300+ bulls on 4 hunts, he said it's VERY RUGGED but he goes every other year, he also stated that the week you hunt in that area is the most important thing.

Good Luck, Jon

YOTE13, NO NOT YET. I WAS READING SOME OF HIS REVIEWS, AND A CLIENT FROM TEXAS REALLY RIPPED HIM GOOD. IT DOESN'T CARRY MUCH WEIGHT W/ME THOUGH.....SOUNDED LIKE THE TEXAN COULDN'T HANDLE THE MOUNTAINS & WAS OUT OF SHAPE. I'M ALSO LOOKING INTO NM, THANKS...YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom