Outfitters who have access in leftover tag units?

The only outfitters I can think of would be the ones who hunt area 125. Elk mountain outfitters and Peterson.

Wait until June 18th. Just be advised these are normally mostly private or Wilderness area licenses.
LEFTOVER LICENSE DRAW - Any leftover licenses from the initial draw will be distributed through a leftover draw. The list of leftover licenses will be available below, on June 18. The application period will be five days, June 21-25, 2021.

Tentative Leftover draw results will be available on July 8.

Over the Counter Licenses
- Over the Counter License sales begin on July 12. This includes any leftover licenses after the leftover draw and resident general licenses.

I guess i was under the impression that the leftover tag areas were for the most part the same every year and the same Outfitters had access to some of this.

Was hoping to talk to a few Outfitters or landowners about possibilites before the list comes out because there's not much time to make a decision unless I'm looking at this completely wrong.

This info might be held tightly to the vest so to speak so pm's might be best.

Several or more general areas have type 9 licenses left over every year. These were designed as outfitter welfare tags, because residents can buy a general tag and still archery hunt these and many more areas. Look at the resident draw odds to see which type 9 areas are not fully subscribed in these general areas.

I guess i was under the impression that the leftover tag areas were for the most part the same every year and the same Outfitters had access to some of this.

Was hoping to talk to a few Outfitters or landowners about possibilites before the list comes out because there's not much time to make a decision unless I'm looking at this completely wrong.

This info might be held tightly to the vest so to speak so pm's might be best.
Normally the area 125 --the Elk Mountain area will have leftover tags. Contact this Outfitter if you are interested.

Elk Mountain Ranch

Or try this one:

Last edited:
Several or more general areas have type 9 licenses left over every year. These were designed as outfitter welfare tags, because residents can buy a general tag and still archery hunt these and many more areas. Look at the resident draw odds to see which type 9 areas are not fully subscribed in these
in some areas though if you hunt in an area that has type 9 licenses a general tag is only good for the second half of september where as a type 9 is good all month. I dont really understand the point of that either.

Slightysober what are suggesting i use? You're on a roll with the pants and boots.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom