Outfitters

S

Sig3

I think MM should have a category just for outfitter reviews, good and bad. I've been a DIY hunter for over 30 years but when I finally drew an AZ bull tag, I decided to hire an outfitter to horseback me in deep to a spike camp,with a guide,to avoid having to walk-in. Got all the promises to do just that but instead was put up in a lodge and drove in a pickup each day to a hunting area. The outfitter left the place and left me with a guide that knew nothing of the spike-camp agreement. I called the references he gave me and they were all great and all had packed into spike camps.
What I find odd is that the outfitters don't defend themselves here or anywhere else....they have plenty more of us hunters that will take the bait. Hunts go bad, plans don't work out, the weather won't cooperate and the animals move out, but dirty dealing needs to be exposed.
I know many hunters that have had great experiences with outfitters and a few that have horror stories. I say post the reviews and let them respond if they have the character to do so.
I had a 5 day hunt with the outfitter and a 7 day tag. Once done with my "guided" hunt I was able to hike in deep and kill a bull, on my own, pack it out on my back and confront the outfitter. He won't even talk to me or respond to calls, emails and postal letters.
The good ones need to be promoted and the bad ones revealed.

I have had good and bad experiences as well. I know that two outfitters I hunted with do not have e-mail or a website. I would like to see an outfitter section as well. I definitely would promote those that I had great experiences with. It is so hard to find a reputable outfitter and this would be a great resource to start the process. Congrats on making the best of a bad situation on your elk hunt!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom