P&Y Club Announces New World Record Velvet Non-Typical Mule Deer (324 3/8")

BOHNTR

P&Y World Record Link

DSC_0024.JPG

Sallaberry

So which is the main beam where is the G4’s? It just doesn’t make any sense to me. Would I release an arrow or pull the trigger without a doubt. Not trying to take away from the hunter or the buck at all just don’t understand the scoring on this buck.

BOHNTR

Not sure about cactus buck or not. The hunter stated the buck had full testicles of normal size.....but something going on with it for sure. There’s no scientific test to determine. Moot point anyways, as P&Y accepts stags.

As for ‘not seeing the score’, not sure what your experience with non-typical is......but they tend to add up quick! This buck has a typical 3x4 main-frame that nets 168+”......with 156” of abnormal points.

Last edited:

Slightlysober

Very Active Member
Not sure about cactus buck or not. The hunter stated the buck had full testicles of normal size.....but something going on with it for sure. There’s no scientific test to determine. Moot point anyways, as P&Y accepts stags.

As for ‘not seeing the score’, not sure what your experience with non-typical is......but they tend to add up quick! This buck has a typical 3x4 main-frame that nets 168+”......with 156” of abnormal points.
Thanks for the details. I didn’t know P&Y accepted stags.

ORIONTHEHUNTER

I didn't realize pope and young accepted stags. When did they change their stance from B&C? That kind of gives an unfair advantage considering stags don't shed.

BOHNTR

I didn't realize pope and young accepted stags. When did they change their stance from B&C? That kind of gives an unfair advantage considering stags don't shed.
The buck had all normal ‘plumbing fixtures’ when it was taken. Taxidermist also stated it appeared the buck had shed his antlers previously....although I’m not sure how that can be determined? As stated before, it’s a moot point, as P&Y has accepted them as velvet entries since they began accepting velvet over 40 years ago. They have never Not been accepted.

B&C does not accept velvet or ‘stags’......although they will tell you there’s no scientific test to determine when the animal became a stag and antlers were no longer shed.

ORIONTHEHUNTER

The buck had all normal ‘plumbing fixtures’ when it was taken. Taxidermist also stated it appeared the buck had shed his antlers previously....although I’m not sure how that can be determined? As stated before, it’s a moot point, as P&Y has accepted them as velvet entries since they began accepting velvet over 40 years ago. They have never Not been accepted.

B&C does not accept velvet or ‘stags’......although they will tell you there’s no scientific test to determine when the animal became a stag and antlers were no longer shed.
Gotcha thanks for the explanation

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Top Bottom