Pac Boots

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
Does anyone wear pac boots anymore? Or do you just switch to a mountain boot with insulation? I'm going on a later season date Wyoming elk hunt in the Cody area. The outfitter suggested a regular boot and possibly a pac boot. If I go the pac boot route, I was looking at Kenetrek and Schnee's, but a cheaper alternative wouldn't hurt my feelings. Thoughts?

Pac boots suck. I wore them for years and even though ones like Schnee's sells are improved they still suck. if you do go the pac route be sure you get the pointed toe design.

Even the best ones are heavy and no fun to walk in and my last pair of schnee's have leaked since they were new. and I don't think they're as warm as heavily insulated hunting boots. After many years on horseback, snomobiling and around the ranch I'm done with pacs.

It's a no brainer in my opinion.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Wear my Kenetrek Grizzly packs most of the winter now in NM.
Good traction and they feel more like a mtn. boot.
10 yrs,no leaks.Only just had a d-ring came off the base and I will send in for repair in spring.

That said I wear my Lowa superwarm Tibets hunting and exploring in any conditions in NM more now.

I am to old to change. I feed cows and snowmobile in the big heavy "Whites" the black and grey felt packers... It doesn't seem to snow in November any more but if it does HOFFMAN BOOTS still make a "hunting" Pack boot. They are a lot cheaper then the NEW company's out there. Most of my line man buddies that keep the lights on around here wear Hoffman.

Keen Summit County's are a pretty good ranch/lion boot before it gets deep.

La sportiva boots is what started wearing you can get them in 3 season 4 season or extreme cold , with built in gaiters light weight but very durable

I love my Kenetrek Grizzlies. Can walk all day in the snow and wet conditions and feet are warm and dry. They have the feel of a good solid boot. They are way better than the old Sorrels I had as a kid.

Wihunter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom