Pack Help!

Elkslayer1125

Hey guys I'm trying to decide which pack to get. I've narrowed it down to the Easton Fullbore xt 3600 and the Mystery Ranch Dragon Slayer the MR is 100$ More then the Easton is it worth it to pay the 100$ more or should I stick with the Easton? Thanks for any info!

Check out the Horn Hunter full curl system before you make your decision! It is an excellent pack that is well thought out & comes with accessories you can add. Way underated pack in my opinion.

What are you using the pack for? If you have to pack out anything and you don't have a larger pack you will not be happy!

I will be using it mostly as a day pack, but will also use it for 2-3 day backpacking trips. I will be using it to pack out meat but I never hunt alone so i will have somewhere there to help with the pack out

I like my badlands 2200, real versatile pack. But Its a little bit heavy. I also have the KUIU 6000. but I use my badlands by far the most. I also want to try the horn hunter full curl, but haven't bought one yet.
Lots of really good packs, Put them on and find one that fits you good.

I would advise a pack over 5,000 cu in for 2 to 3 day trips and packing out any kind of load (meat). If you ever shoot deer or elk sized game you will thank me! It will save you several trips...even with a buddy helping out!

I used and abused a badlands 2200 for years and tried it on one overnighter trip. One time taught me not to ever try it again! My gear, food, rifle, etc barely fit and it was loaded to the hilt. I ended up getting a 6x6 bull the next day and had no room to take any meat on the first load. I also had a sore back and shoulders because the pack wasn't desiged for anything over 40ish lbs! Needless to say I switched to my 6,000 cu in pack for the next 3 loads....shoulders, back, and legs were happy! If you get a larger pack you won't regret it because you can always cinch down smaller loads....especially with packs similar to Kifaru.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom