Pack out job

NebrCatMan

Thinking of coming to do a late bow hunt in Colo. Usually go first week. The rest of my group went out... I couldn't go. I have some issues with my back and legs so If I was to get an animal down depending how far and how rough a pack out would be I may want to hire some help. I know there are rules (laws) concerning this. Where can I find the info on the regs or which guides have the area I always hunt? Any comments? I'll check with DOW Monday, but since season is underway they are pretty hard to get a hold of. Thanks!!!

Hey thanks guys....If I come out it would be after muzzy season closes. I hunt around the Rabbit Ears Pass area. Although a part of me want to go back to 62 and hunt east off the divide road. I did that once... saw a few good bulls and had a couple chances at a couple nice ones. With archery it's just hard to close the deal sometimes. I think Austin Massey was packing out in the area I was in.... wonder if he is still in the business ?

Hey thanks guys....If I come out it would be after muzzy season closes. I hunt around the Rabbit Ears Pass area. Although a part of me want to go back to 62 and hunt east off the divide road. I did that once... saw a few good bulls and had a couple chances at a couple nice ones. With archery it's just hard to close the deal sometimes. I think Austin Massey was packing out in the area I was in.... wonder if he is still in the business ?
Austin is still in business, Dominguez Outfitters. https://dominguezoutfitters.com/

I have a bit of a connection to this thread.
I drew a area 61 bull tag in 2016. Beanman got us headed in the right direction by way of a few tips and photos from maps etc. I did kill a bull on the 5th day . One of my friends was pretty much confined to the truck due to recent heart issues. He talks to folks that were up there working cattle. Turns out to be Austin Massey’s brother. Austin along with his son and daughter helped us pack the elk. We end up at his cabin were we split wood and all 4 of our camp got showers. Spent some time shooting the breeze with him and the kids. Good fun. Really nice people. Thanks to Bean and Austin.
I’ll be back in Colorado this fall again for 3rd season 67 deer tags (2).

I talked with Austin on the phone about 10 years or so ago. Seemed like he was a nice man ... easy to talk to and didn't make a flatlander from Nebraska (me) feel like an idiot when we talked elk hunting in 62. If I get over that way I'll contact him advance to see what it takes if I need a packer. My buddy is out there now on or around Dunckley pass and he told me it's plenty warm and the elk are hard to find in the daylight. But there is water about anywhere you look. Hopefully it will cool down.

Hi CatMan, I live in yampa and will be mz hunting deer out of the area but will be back after mz season and can possibly help out in Dunckley Pass or Rabbit ears areas. I will be working here in town but could take some time off if needed.

It is plenty hot and lots of archery hunters up Dunckley Pass

Let me know too. Would Like to meet hicountryman , and together we could pack that I bet !?
Can run up the canyon if you are up north here.
Good luck
PM if ya need

Last edited:

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom