Pack question

muzz

Long Time Member
Looking for a new pack. I want one to haul elk quarters out. "maybe" a night or two of camping gear.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

There are many good options. A few of my favorite, and we have used many.

- kifaru
- kuiu
- mystery ranch
- Outdoorsman

The first 3 all make many sizes that would be adequate for many circumstances.

Just got my Kuiu Ultra 6000 last November. Wanted a lighter pack for short trips, or day hikes. But still wanted lots of cubic inches for longer trips. This one is less expensive than the Kuiu Icon series. Hauled elk quarters in it just fine in December. Don't like the clip design, but other than that, I really like it's versatility. And they are great at replacements and warranty issues, if needed. Would buy it again. But there are tons of options out there and other packs to choose from.

Love my Badlands Sacrifice for doing just that. Large inner compartment can hold more boned meat than you can safely carry. Perfect for an entire deer.

+1 on the Badlands Sacrifice.
Super light, many pockets, big central compartment.
Has a very small internal frame. Comfortable to carry.
Always have ability to carry all your gear, plus spotting scope and tripod, and all the meat I can pack.
From day trips to multiple over nighters, it delivers.

I don't see what the deal is with all these exotic...hard to get packs?
Badlands packs has everything any other pack offers, cheaper, & easy to acquire, lifetime warranty etc...
& Yes, I have tried most all of them.
---maybe I'm missing something?? please educate me....

I liked the Badlands 4500 but ripped the belt off it twice, plus it's heavy. Just got the kuiu so will see.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom