Pahvant 2021

Ticks N Tines

Very Active Member
Just curious if anybody drew Pahvant this year. The Archery success last year was 1 for 13. It was a tough year. Curious to see if things improve this year.

I think the dry year combined with the early season dates had the whole state in a tough year especially for archery. I suspect this year will be a significant improvement over last year for most areas.

With the later dates, I suspect it will improve.
The archery hunt is no slam dunk, even on that unit but 1/13 is pathetic despite the early dates last year.

Just curious if anybody drew Pahvant this year. The Archery success last year was 1 for 13. It was a tough year. Curious to see if things improve this year.
1-13 success rate but I wouldn’t be shocked to learn 13 plus bulls were hit by an arrow and never retrieved. It’s the sad reality of archery hunting.

Being involved with a game processing business for many years supports the statement about all three weapons types wounding animals. Legs shot with firearms heal. Broadheads embedded in bone that have healed around it.

As far as 1 in 13, how many of the remaining 12 just couldn't find "a shooter"?

I spent a lot of time on that unit last summer and fall during the bowhunt and ran into several of the archery tag holders. It was obviously hot, dry and nasty the entire hunt for bowhunters and even into the rifle/muzzy hunts. The hunt ending on September 11th didn't help bowhunters in any way. That unit is nasty/steep and the water is all the way at the bottom in most places. I think most guys give up or aren't willing to dive deep enough every day to sit productive water or other areas. Not a great recipe for high success, but 1 out of 13 success is crazy low!!

Get out of here with 13 guys wounding elk - I know for a fact that didn't happen.

I will be interested to hear how it goes as well. I applied with 15 points this year and did not draw. I am anxious to see the post draw results and see how many points it took to draw. It seems like it may be another dry year. Maybe the season dates are more important than the weather?

1-13 success rate but I wouldn’t be shocked to learn 13 plus bulls were hit by an arrow and never retrieved. It’s the sad reality of archery hunting.
Most people applying for the archery hunt on this unit are not rookie bowhunters. Thus I doubt many elk are wounded.

This unit is tough to bowhunt for limited entry elk and anyone brave enough to try has my respect.

Most people applying for the archery hunt on this unit are not rookie bowhunters. Thus I doubt many elk are wounded.

This unit is tough to bowhunt for limited entry elk and anyone brave enough to try has my respect.
Agree 100% verticalslope! I am curious to see what the harvest success #'s are this year on the Pahvant bowhunt and other hunts. Anyone have any initial anecdotal #'s or results?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom