Pahvant early rifle elk

Ckbaileyhunt

Hey everyone,
According to my credit card it looks like I just drew out for Fillmore Pahvant early rifle elk. I don’t want to start any fights, I plan on doing a lot of homework on the unit, however, I have never stepped foot onto the unit.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey everyone,
According to my credit card it looks like I just drew out for Fillmore Pahvant early rifle elk. I don’t want to start any fights, I plan on doing a lot of homework on the unit, however, I have never stepped foot onto the unit.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
How is your scouting going for the hunt? Finding any good bulls? I have the muzzleloader tag so would love to compare notes and hear how your hunt goes.

Take a four wheeler, miles and miles of trails. I had the nr. Muzz tag last year and the rut got better every day. I should have probably waited until the bitter end, and I assume that while the rifle season may never get super hot, it will get better every day as well. It is a beautiful unit, have a blast!!

Take a four wheeler, miles and miles of trails. I had the nr. Muzz tag last year and the rut got better every day. I should have probably waited until the bitter end, and I assume that while the rifle season may never get super hot, it will get better every day as well. It is a beautiful unit, have a blast!!
How did your hunt turn out last year blrup?

Had a great time and killed a pretty nice bull. There's a thread on here about it but I can't remember what it was called. I'll look around a little bit.

Had a great time and killed a pretty nice bull. There's a thread on here about it but I can't remember what it was called. I'll look around a little bit.
Congrats! Would love to see your bull if you find the thread or can send a pic. I can't wait for my hunt to get here!

"I don't want to start any fights" are fighting words! LOL

Hey CKb, Congrats on the tag. Keep us in the loop better than you have since May 15.

Zeke

Can't find the thread, but here are some pictures.

IMG956368.jpg
IMG956368.jpg
IMG956381.jpg
IMG956413.jpg

Right on blrup - great bull! He has some cool curve and character in those beams. Looks like you were hunting the southern portion of the unit, correct? How was the hunting pressure during the muzzy hunt with deer hunters, etc.?

Yeah we were in the southern part. We saw a fair number of hunters on the trails, but none in the field. If we ever get the chance to hunt it again, we'll take a more mobile camp so we can stay closer to the action. We had about an hour 4 wheeler ride from camp to the nearest place we hunted.

TTT
keep us posted on how your hunt goes.
I have 20 points for next year (non res)
Pahvant is high on my list.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom