Paint Wood Stove

MG209

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-19 AT 01:05PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-19 AT 01:04?PM (MST)

Recently purchased a new KniCo wood stove for the wall tent.

Was wondering if anyone ever painted theirs with heat resistant auto paint?

Would you paint it before or after the initial burn in? (it's galvanized, first burn will take place outdoors)

VHT offers a flame proof paint, has great reviews. Was thinking this might make a great stove paint?

https://www.vhtpaint.com/high-heat/vht-flameproof-coating

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-19 AT 06:00PM (MST)[p]That VHT paint is pretty decent especially for an aerosol can. I'd primer it also.
I'd probably paint it after the initial burn and follow the directions for the paint.

I've never heard of painting a wood stove before. I am no paint expert but it would scare me to paint it. I would worry that the heat resistant paint wouldn't be heat resistant enough. I would imagine some crazy bad fumes when the paint starts smoking.

Anyway, I don't know a thing about it. I just find it interesting that people would paint a stove. Rust prevention I guess.

>I've never heard of painting a
>wood stove before. I
>am no paint expert but
>it would scare me to
>paint it. I would
>worry that the heat resistant
>paint wouldn't be heat resistant
>enough. I would imagine
>some crazy bad fumes when
>the paint starts smoking.
>
>Anyway, I don't know a thing
>about it. I just
>find it interesting that people
>would paint a stove.
>Rust prevention I guess.

No worries, some makers even sell their stoves painted - black. Yes, for rust pritection.

If you do paint it I would start a fire in it and let it burn outside for a while I wouldn't want to be inside a tent the first time you fire it up

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom