Paiute ATV Trail Conditions??? Please Advise

O_S_O_K

Me and the Fam are headed down to Richfield this weekend to do some wheelin'.

When we take the kids we like to do the Fillmore Loop one day and then head over to Koosharem the next.

My question: Is this possible yet? Are the trails open to make the entire loop?

We like to stop in town and get lunch then head back over. If we can't then I guess we will have to take a lunch and find some different trails.

Typically this time of year this is never an issue, but...

Any help, pointers, information is appreciated.

Thanks

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm no expert on that area but have been there many times.
You're right, usually it wouldn't be as issue but my hunting buddy was down there last weekend and he said "NO WAY".
There has simply been too much snow (lingering drifts) and prolonged cold weather to call this year "average".
We were out to the "berry" last weekend and a bunch of roads are still closed.... even the ones which are usually open by now. Maybe next month we can all get serious.

When you get back give us a report.
Zeke

Thanks guys for the info. I kinda figured as much.

I called the Forrest Service and they told me that I actually may be able to get over to Koosharem but that it was unlikely I would make it over to Fillmore. They didn't know for sure and their last reports were from over a week ago.

I posted hoping maybe someone had been up that way in the last day or two with good news.

That's OK cause I'm still gonna giv'er hell and we're still gonna have a ball! :7

Thanks again and I will definitely fill you guys in when I return.

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

I go on the www.atvutah.com forum . They have trail numbers and a on going up date on trails that are open. Some of them have just been cleared as of a few days ago. Go and read the posts.

Thanks BIGJOHNT,

Wasn't ignoring ya, I did take your advice and went on the forum. Great pointers and information by all.

Turns out they were pretty much right on.

We rode out of Richfield and over to Koosharem on Friday and didn't have any problems at all getting over the top. Killer little greasy spoon in town and their burgers malibu chicken sandwhich are awesome!

Today we rode out of Richfield and headed towards Fillmore. We took the right hand of the Fillmore loop and made it all the way into town with no issues. There is a trail in the bottoms right by the river where you have to cross the river and actually drive down the river a few times. This is one of the kids favorite spots but it was closed due to heavy waters.

We made it to town, ate lunch and headed back the other way towards Sand Rock Ridge and made it about half way up before running into a couple that told us it was impassable. We turned around and went back the way we came.

Well, I couldn't leave it alone without seeing it for myself so the ladies and the younger kids headed back to the hotel and after we got back down by the radio towers where we could go back towards Sand Rock, we headed that way to see how far we could make it.

We made it about 1/4 mile before we had to cross a large snowbank (75 yards). I made it, but just barely. I went on ahead to see what it looked like and I made it about a mile to where the switchbacks begin. Snow covering the entire trail!

Oh well! we headed back to town, ate a steak at Steve's Steak House in Richfield and swam in the pool.

Now I am headed to bed and then back to home tomorrow.

Anyway, I know this is not a 4-wheeler forum but maybe this info will help a few of you.

Thanks to all for the replys.

Glad it helped out. We where on the goose berry trail system and also hit alot of snow drifts.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom