Panhandle Whitetail Winterkill.....

U

ultramag81

Any news on how the deer numbers faired this past winter? Was the snow as deep as the 2007 winter? I am just curious if the deer numbers took a big hit like they did in during the 07/08 winter.

It was alot tougher hunting last year then it has been in the previous few years.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-09 AT 09:25PM (MST)[p]I have not heard of any official estimated but I saw a ton of dead deer this winter and heard of lots of winter kills from guys bear hunting this spring. It does not look good from what I have been hearing within the people I know. I doubt F&G will truly let the cat out of the bag with deer numbers since they are already loosing big money from non res. elk hunters who are not coming back due to the wolf problem..errrr..predicament..errr... the wolves.

I agree with Abomb, I haven't heard any official numbers, but I've seen quite a few winter kill in the Silver Valley and around Coeur d'Alene and as far north as Sandpoint. Spokane has a record snowfall this year and the snow stuck around for a long time.
Kurtski

I too have not see anything official, but while turkey hunting in the Lolo region this Spring there was a lot of winter kill everywhere. I think they got hit pretty hard....

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom