Paramount performance

Trix4me

Very Active Member
Several MMers bought Paramount MLs this year. How did you like your new gun? Did you like the ELR bullets?

I love my paramount and I was pleasantly surprised by the ELR’s. I shot a bull elk at 356 yards and a coues deer at 410 yards with the paramount. Both one shot kills. Great performance from the bullet, and great accuracy overall. I have the original paramount 45 shooting 105 grains by weight of BH209.

I love my paramount and I was pleasantly surprised by the ELR’s. I shot a bull elk at 356 yards and a coues deer at 410 yards with the paramount. Both one shot kills. Great performance from the bullet, and great accuracy overall. I have the original paramount 45 shooting 105 grains by weight of BH209.
Same results

Hey Trix!

I Didn't Have Time to Get Mine Set up for Hunting!

But We did Switch to the ELR's in Our Remington's & they Shoot Flatter than any other Bullet We've tried!

Hey deadibob!

We were Shooting the POWERBELT 338 GRAIN PLATINUMS!

Nice Shooting Bullets!

But We changed this year to the ELR's!

The Ballistic Coefficient of these NEW POWERBELT ELR's is Hard to beat:

Critical to the ELR’s velocity potential is that it is .45 caliber, rather than .50 caliber. Because of the smaller bore diameter, the ELR bullets can be longer than a same-weight .50 caliber bullet would be. That length, when combined with the bullet’s aggressively tapered shape, delivers a ballistic coefficient of .452, which is superior to that of any .50 caliber muzzle loading projectile.

Has anyone here tried a different bullet than the powerbelt?

Hey deadibob!

We were Shooting the POWERBELT 338 GRAIN PLATINUMS!

Nice Shooting Bullets!

But We changed this year to the ELR's!

The Ballistic Coefficient of these NEW POWERBELT ELR's is Hard to beat:

Critical to the ELR’s velocity potential is that it is .45 caliber, rather than .50 caliber. Because of the smaller bore diameter, the ELR bullets can be longer than a same-weight .50 caliber bullet would be. That length, when combined with the bullet’s aggressively tapered shape, delivers a ballistic coefficient of .452, which is superior to that of any .50 caliber muzzle loading projectile.
I used to shoot .45 muzzies quite a bit back when they were slower twist barrels. I would jump on the paramount bandwagon if somebody made a sabot that would shoot a .416 caliber rifle bullet. That would really open up some options.

I guess my question is how do the ELR bullets perform on game at 50 yards. That has always been the problem with all powerbelts, they blow up when they are going too fast, and the design of these seems like that would happen with them at short range

Well tx!

We Use Guns That Do Lots of Damage!

Might Take us Years to Finally get a Shot on a NON-PISSCUTTER Animal!

I Can't Remember the Exact Yardage!

Not Real Long though!

The Loper Never knew what Hit Him!

ELR .50 Caliber:

2020 Lee's Pronghorn.jpg

Well Bess, the damage done to the buck I shot at 40 yds in heavy timber with a .45 ELR was similar, totally took out both front shoulders. For me, those LONG shots are not what I look for.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom