Paramount Pro 50 with Parker bullets

3TOE

Very Active Member
I went out again Friday to test another bullet out of the Paramount Pro 50 & I think I found a solid combination. I shot 3 different weight charges & settled on 90gr by weight Blackhorn 209 with the 300gr Parker Black Max tucked in the black Harvester short sabot. At 100 yards, I shot 2 three shot groups under 1”.
I had 2 other rifles that I had to sight in that day also for an antelope hunt next month so I called it a day with that performance & happy with a good charge & bullet combination for the muzzleloader.
The next time I get to shoot I will stretch it out to see what it will do at 200 & what kind of bullet drop I get. Super happy though!!!

I went out again Friday to test another bullet out of the Paramount Pro 50 & I think I found a solid combination. I shot 3 different weight charges & settled on 90gr by weight Blackhorn 209 with the 300gr Parker Black Max tucked in the black Harvester short sabot. At 100 yards, I shot 2 three shot groups under 1”.
I had 2 other rifles that I had to sight in that day also for an antelope hunt next month so I called it a day with that performance & happy with a good charge & bullet combination for the muzzleloader.
The next time I get to shoot I will stretch it out to see what it will do at 200 & what kind of bullet drop I get. Super happy though!!!
That’s really good grouping. I bet 90 gr. weight packs a pretty good wallop on your shoulder. I shoot 80 gr. by weight and it thumps me pretty hard.
I would estimate you’ll get about another 8 inches of drop at 200 with that load.

That’s really good grouping. I bet 90 gr. weight packs a pretty good wallop on your shoulder. I shoot 80 gr. by weight and it thumps me pretty hard.
I would estimate you’ll get about another 8 inches of drop at 200 with that load.
Hey buckhorn! In all fairness I took every shot from a lead sled, so I didn’t feel a thing. I’m sure she has a pretty good thump but I don’t expect it will be too bad. That gun is pretty darn heavy, so that helps.
I suspect the same bullet drop as yourself at 8”. Once I see how it does at 200 I might zero at 150 & call it done.
I have a doe antelope hunt next month in UT & I’m considering taking the muzzleloader, so we’ll see.

Parker makes a great bullet. I shot three animals last year with the Black Max. Zeroed at 200 yards, it drops 12” at 300 out of my Savage with smokeless. Shoots well with BH209 too, just not as flat.

EF8F663B-CC0F-45AF-8211-37ECB23E328A.png

Last edited:
That is sweet man! I’m ecstatic with the way mine shot. I replaced a Knight Ultralite that was nothing but bad luck & particular as hell.
I shot a total of 12 shots & never cleaned at the range & still managed to shoot clover leafs. ??

I sighted in my Paramount last year…Then immediately called a gunsmith to put a muzzle brake on it. Sure is loud

I sighted in my Paramount last year…Then immediately called a gunsmith to put a muzzle brake on it. Sure is loud
I bought a CVA brake when I bought the rifle, but since I’m shooting sabots I haven’t taken a single shot with it. Did it help with the recoil?

I took the muzzleloader out again today. I’m sighted in at 2.5” high at 100 & just under 2” low at 200.
I couldn’t be any happier with the performance of the gun & load set up. At 100 I can shoot cloverleafs & just under 2” at 200. I have never personally owned a sub MOA muzzleloader, so I’m pretty impressed with it.
4256E5DD-AA86-4DB9-88F1-90A89AFF4FCF.jpeg

94FD2C6D-327B-4975-8E18-40E75A666E51.jpeg

Looks great! I've shot Parkers in the past, but now I shoot Pitman. The Pitman bullets are phenomenal! My gun has a .45 1:20 barrel on a Remington short action using a Hanks Precision breech plug. Vortex scope, AG Composites stock and a 5 port muzzle break.

I shoot 98 grains by weight BH 209 with 300 gr bullets @ 2350 fps.

300.jpg

500.jpg

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

Muzzy100yards.jpg

Muzzy100yards.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! I've shot Parkers in the past, but now I shoot Pitman. The Pitman bullets are phenomenal! My gun has a .45 1:20 barrel on a Remington short action using a Hanks Precision breech plug. Vortex scope, AG Composites stock and a 5 port muzzle break.

I shoot 98 grains by weight BH 209 with 300 gr bullets @ 2350 fps.

View attachment 51512

View attachment 51513

View attachment 51514

View attachment 51515

View attachment 51518

View attachment 51516
? WOW!!! That is ridiculously impressive. Very nice shooter.
I waited for 6 months on some Pitman bullets before I gave up & bought the Parkers. About a month or so after dialing my gun in with the Parkers, I got a phone call saying that my bullets that I had been waiting on were in stock. Lol
Oh well… I’m happy with my set up. I’m looking forward to two hunts this fall to see how they perform.

The HTR is the latest model New for 2021 & is only offered in .40 & .45 cal. Other than appearance the only real difference is the stock design.
The Pro model was offered in 2020 with the Colorado version available in .50 cal. It came with a scope rail & an open sight set up made by Williams.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom