Paramout vice Knight ULtra-lite

tracker12

Very Active Member
Looking for a new Muzzy. Trying to decide if the Paramount I worth the extra dollars. Also debating if I want to go .50 cal for that time I might go for elk in CO or just go .45. Looking to ditch the sabots.

I bought a knight ultra light in .45 caliber this year with the nitrite finish. The muzzleloader is very nice and shoots amazing. I am shooting sub 1 inch groups with Arrowhead XLD bullets sized to bore with sizing die. I am shooting about 2050 FPS give or take a few (std is around 15 fps) with weighed BlackHorn charges. I am using a Leupold VX 5 2-10 and have a Bestill Creation breach plug modification.

The bottom group was a 100 yard three shot string. I adjusted my scope and the top group is a 100 yard 9 shot string.
9DEB0BE3-0EA3-41DE-89D1-BC68B40AAF06.jpeg
I have been very impressed with the bullet sizing and plan on switching my .50 Knight Disc Extreme to Furry bullets this off season to have a Colorado compliant muzzleloader. I am currently using no excuse bullets in this gun and it shoots great but like the idea of the .50 Star Tip 2P from a full bullet to bore muzzleloader.

I am sure the Paramount is awesome but thought it might be too heavy for the type of hunting that I do.

Good luck with you whichever you choose.

Utah
Thanks for the reply. Was hoping someone with a knight would chime in. Impressive groups for sure. What was the volume/weight of Bh 209

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom