Paranoid or saving my own butt???

Founder

Founder Since 1999
So the wife and I are headed to Magic Mountain for the weekend. She’s got a race next weekend and I simply don’t want to get sick, so we’re geared up with masks. Are we paranoid?
Whatcha think?

Not even TSA works are concerned about coronavirus, and they have thousands of people a day walk by!!

If sure feels like all a lot of smart people are worried, so.......

It’s kinda funny too to wear the masks.
09A41D97-611C-4349-AA58-D00D4FF4AA50.jpeg

8000 plus people died from the common flu last year IAW with the CDC. Just an info item. Good luck to your wife and her race.

what does this mean??....which smart people??

"If sure feels like all a lot of smart people are worried, so......."

The wife told me to drop by the store and buy TP.

That's a great idea, not because we need copious amounts but rather because the hoarders are out and about.

I believe in preparation but the paranoia is a bit rampant.

Zeke

It is also possible for the Corona Virus to enter our Bodies through the Mucus membranes in our eyelids. But more likely through nose and mouth. Your Tear-ducts continuously drain moisture's off your eyes and this fluid drains into our Throats...Just as our Sinus passages do.

Dr. Jagerdad at your service :)

So the wife and I are headed to Magic Mountain for the weekend. She’s got a race next weekend and I simply don’t want to get sick, so we’re geared up with masks. Are we paranoid?
Whatcha think?

Not even TSA works are concerned about coronavirus, and they have thousands of people a day walk by!!

If sure feels like all a lot of smart people are worried, so.......

It’s kinda funny too to wear the masks.View attachment 2518
N95 mask is a better option.

You can blame the media for this circus. Mass hysteria creates headlines and headlines create money for these fools. COVID has been here for a long time. We have been vaccinating pets and horses against it for years. Look on the back of a Lysol can. They have been killing the germs for years.
This is a major election year so they will use whatever means possible to stir up the populace, And the crooks on wallstreet will use it to steal as much money as possible from our retirement acounts and other investments.
Look at the cycle of elections and its pretty predictable that something was going to happen this year.

Numerous social media posts falsely suggest that because Clorox and Lysol products list “Human Coronavirus” on their bottles, the new coronavirus driving the outbreak in China was already known. It wasn’t. There are many human coronaviruses, and these products were tested against a strain that causes the common cold. Factcheck.org . But no on the mask IMO

You can blame the media for this circus. Mass hysteria creates headlines and headlines create money for these fools. COVID has been here for a long time. We have been vaccinating pets and horses against it for years. Look on the back of a Lysol can. They have been killing the germs for years.
This is a major election year so they will use whatever means possible to stir up the populace, And the crooks on wallstreet will use it to steal as much money as possible from our retirement acounts and other investments.
Look at the cycle of elections and its pretty predictable that something was going to happen this year.
Don’t forget average Joe on the internet, he is as good as the media about spreading hysteria.

I was reading the CDC’s page about corona virus and misinformation. Apparently masks are only useful in preventing spread of corona virus when used by the infected, the partical size from a sneeze or cough carry water and the mask can stop them. The aerosol virus particles are too small to be stopped by the mask on the uninfected.

I was reading the CDC’s page about corona virus and misinformation. Apparently masks are only useful in preventing spread of corona virus when used by the infected, the partical size from a sneeze or cough carry water and the mask can stop them. The aerosol virus particles are too small to be stopped by the mask on the uninfected.

So yer sayin we need to flip the mask around when wearing it uninfected?

What JimNV said....such a crock of ****. It has been addressed in Mike Bloombergs commercials as well....he's on the cutting edge of putting a stop to deadly viruses. Perfect timing. What an idiot. Why aren't you wearing a tank top? Don't you know the earth's temp is up .8 degree over the last 40 years??

Supplied air positive pressure respirator is what you need. Or SCBA.
Or

go”Boy in the bubble” route.

Founder, you look like some evil dude from a movie. You probably scared more than one little kid.
Good Luck

That dust mask your Mrs is wearing sucks at keeping dust out.

Having said that I have a couple boxes of them, gladly sell for $1500a box

Here's why we're all dead should we ever have a serious virus to worry about. A couple days ago I walk into this place for lunch, there was no one in line when I walked in. I went to the head for a quick squirt and to wash my hands, it's a one at a timer same as the womens with loud doors, I didn't hear the womens door open and close. This is what I see when I come back out. 20 people that never had their mom yell out the screen door, "Come in and get washed up for supper! " Most of the population are a bunch of filthy pigs.
20200301_122837.jpg

the only thing with more dangerous germs than my d!ck in a public restroom is everything in the restroom.......I open the door with my elbows

The Princess Grand cruise ship headed from Hawaii toward San Francisco contains 21 people who are showing possible symptoms of the novel coronavirus, according to California Gov. Gavin Newsom.

“The ship will not come onshore until we properly assess passengers,” Newsom told reporters at a press conference. Newsom declared a state of emergency in California on Wednesday.

My daughter in law and several of her girl friends are on that ship listed above sitting in San Francisco bay. I have a feeling they will be there for the next two weeks in quarantine. They flew test kits out to the ship to test the 21 persons that are showing possible symptoms.

RELH

so sorry to hear that RELH.......maybe the same will happen to fondler and we can have a 2 week free for all here

I'm trying to figure out what we are doing.

Stalling?

No one has immunities to it, meaning at some point in the next few years we are all going to get it. Are we seriously going to close a school each time 1 kid tests positive? Are we shutting down cruise lines and airports?

We ended up buying the cruise insurance for our trip in a few months. If it continues at the current rate, it may get real bad.
Eventually, if no cure or vaccine is found, then yes, we may all get it. By shutting down schools, cruises, etc,, we’re trying to buy time and slow the spread.
They’ll get a vaccine developed, but how long will it take??

It took 3 days. They got genetic sequencing from China. They are going to now start testing.

I avoid cruises like the plaque. Mainly because I think those ships probably still have the plague.

Any of you guys do the math? 50k plus dudes at the expo. Any folks or products from out of state? Shake any hands? 14 day incubation.

There isn't some explosion in infections. We are just testing for it. The more you test, the more you find.

No one wants to get sick. But this ain't Ebola. It's a flu. And on this list of flus, it's not even that virulent.

I'm actually thinking we should have corona parties. Like the old chicken pox parties kids had.

Flat brimmers. Our parents used to find out a kid in the neighborhood had chicken pox and tgen we'd have a party. Then all of us got the pox, suffered tgrough at the same time, and it was over.

And we did so without bottled water or toilet paper

It took 3 days. They got genetic sequencing from China. They are going to now start testing.

I avoid cruises like the plaque. Mainly because I think those ships probably still have the plague.

Any of you guys do the math? 50k plus dudes at the expo. Any folks or products from out of state? Shake any hands? 14 day incubation.

There isn't some explosion in infections. We are just testing for it. The more you test, the more you find.

No one wants to get sick. But this ain't Ebola. It's a flu. And on this list of flus, it's not even that virulent.

I'm actually thinking we should have corona parties. Like the old chicken pox parties kids had.

Flat brimmers. Our parents used to find out a kid in the neighborhood had chicken pox and tgen we'd have a party. Then all of us got the pox, suffered tgrough at the same time, and it was over.

And we did so without bottled water or toilet paper
Hoss is pretty well spot on here, if you remember the H1N1 influenza strain a few years back was the pathogen of choice in the media for getting folks are scared. and know it is one of the most common strains, most of us have had it. Heck its in the flu vaccine concoction now. The fatality rate in China is now under 0.2% as they have figured out how to fight it. The standard flu (influenza A/B) is about 0.1% for something to compare to.

I am personally more a fan of Modelo buts any party with beer sounds good to me Hoss.

Oh and we have chicken pox vaccines now so kids wont be getting shingles later on thankfully.

Hoss is pretty well spot on here, if you remember the H1N1 influenza strain a few years back was the pathogen of choice in the media for getting folks are scared. and know it is one of the most common strains, most of us have had it. Heck its in the flu vaccine concoction now. The fatality rate in China is now under 0.2% as they have figured out how to fight it. The standard flu (influenza A/B) is about 0.1% for something to compare to.

I am personally more a fan of Modelo buts any party with beer sounds good to me Hoss.

Oh and we have chicken pox vaccines now so kids wont be getting shingles later on thankfully.
I think your decimal is in the wrong place.

I think your decimal is in the wrong place.
No sir its right place just remembered the wrong number should have been 0.4%, here is the source this time.

"Similarly, a study released by China's Center for Disease Control last month found that if you factor out all the data from Hubei province, where Wuhan is located, the fatality rate in the rest of China drops to 0.4%.

Why such a big difference between Hubei and the rest of China?

At a news conference the next day, Dr. Bruce Aylward — who had just concluded a fact-finding mission to China for the World Health Organization — pointed to three likely factors.

First, said Aylward, is that Wuhan suffered from being the first place where the new coronavirus surfaced. "Wuhan started fast and, and early. People didn't know what we were dealing with. We were learning how to treat this."

No sir its right place just remembered the wrong number should have been 0.4%, here is the source this time.

"Similarly, a study released by China's Center for Disease Control last month found that if you factor out all the data from Hubei province, where Wuhan is located, the fatality rate in the rest of China drops to 0.4%.

Why such a big difference between Hubei and the rest of China?

At a news conference the next day, Dr. Bruce Aylward — who had just concluded a fact-finding mission to China for the World Health Organization — pointed to three likely factors.

First, said Aylward, is that Wuhan suffered from being the first place where the new coronavirus surfaced. "Wuhan started fast and, and early. People didn't know what we were dealing with. We were learning how to treat this."

Tough to trust what the Chinese government says.

The mortality rate has dropped because more of the general population is being tested, not just the extremely ill as it was when it (testing) started out.
So far for every one that has tested positive, there are hundreds that have had it and weren’t/aren’t being tested.

The mortality rate has dropped because more of the general population is being tested, not just the extremely ill as it was when it (testing) started out.
So far for every one that has tested positive, there are hundreds that have had it and weren’t/aren’t being tested.
Fatality rates are calculated only from folks that recover or died from the disease. IE total fatalities divided by total of fatalities and recoveries. testing rate is irreverent.

Homer, they are still aboard ship in the bay. 16 persons are now being tested for the virus. 11 crew members and 5 passengers. I am sure if any of those tests come back positive for the virus, Gov. Newsome will require them to be quarantine on the ship for two weeks.
I almost told her not to go on the trip, but the wife told me to stay out of it as she is an adult and can make up her own mind. Cruise ships are one of the worse enviroments to catch a virus bug as is flying commercial air line.
RELH

Sorry, I can't help but think there is some politics involved to a certain extent. The left is blaming the Trump administration and the media is all over it. The stock market is in some kind of panic and that bodes well for Democrats before the election.

I bet that torqued Chelsea Clinton's jaws and might make her shut her mouth.
RELH

To homies point and a little perspective. Not to make light of a serious situation. This stuff wiped out a bunch of old folks in that nursing home FAST. Lets say I'm more concerned than my kids. I may cancel their spring break so they can stay in the city.
IMG_0341.PNG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom