Park City Poachers .... Reward

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Not sure if this has been shared yet, but I just saw this on the game and fish site. What a shame. Hope they track the poachers down.
-------------------------------------------------
Published: Monday, March 02 2020 12:00
Reward offered: 6 bull elk poached in Park City area
SUMMIT COUNTY — Between Dec. 20, 2019 and Jan. 15, 2020, six mature bull elk were shot and killed in the Knob Hill area of Park City.
Trophy bull elk near Bitner Road, Park City, UT.
This mature bull elk was killed and left to waste near Bitner Road.
The area between Knob Hill and the Glenwild Residential Area is home to a herd of large, adult bull elk. Local residents routinely see the animals there, sunning themselves during the winter months.
As the winter progressed, the people who watched the elk noted that there appeared to be fewer animals than normal.
Conservation officers from the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources investigated the reports and found that six mature bull elk had been shot and left to waste. Five of the bulls were large enough that they are considered trophy-size animals, and each has a minimum restitution value of $8,000 under Utah state code.
DWR officers are seeking information related to the killing and waste of these animals. If you have any information about suspicious activity on or around the Bitner Road area where these elk were killed, please contact the UTIP Hotline at 1-800-662-3337 or the DWR's Ogden office at 801-476-2740.
Five el
These antlers are from five of the six bull elk recently killed near the Knob Hill area of Park City.
You can also submit a report online. Requests for confidentiality will be honored.
A reward may be available to anyone who provides information leading to the successful prosecution of the individual(s) responsible for this crime.

People makes mistakes, and even purposeful errors in judgment can be forgiven if proper amends are made. But this situation is the worst of the worst. If anyone ever deserved to do real prison time for a poaching incident, it is this.

These bulls were part of a group of 25-30 That hung Around Bitner ranch. Hey were pets. You could drive right up to them. I hope to hell they catch and punish the idiots that did this. I mss seeing them everyda.

What a shame and some nice bulls at that. There needs to be much stiffer fines for these kind of poaching incidents. Make the fine so high that no one would think of doing it. $100,000.00 fine and loss of hunting privileges for life would be a good start.

What a shame and some nice bulls at that. There needs to be much stiffer fines for these kind of poaching incidents. Make the fine so high that no one would think of doing it. $100,000.00 fine and loss of hunting privileges for life would be a good start.
I agree with this. The problem is these guys could never afford to pay a big fine like that and they probably don’t even care about hunting privileges because they’re not hunters. They’re probably the type that will drive out into the hills, drink a 24 pack of bottled beer throw all the bottles out on the ground, shoot most of them and then drive away leaving the empty carton and all the glass laying on the ground. Then they go buy another 24 pack, drink most of it, drive out and see the elk and then shoot them for a little extra fun.

Is it known if these animals were all shot at one time or maybe over the course of a few days? Were there multiple guns involved?
Is this an area that is all private or is there public land around where people can come and go for recreation? Are there homes nearby were someone may have heard some shooting?
I see some pretty major powerlines in the background of the pics.
What is the nearest city and how far away is it?

Is it known if these animals were all shot at one time or maybe over the course of a few days? Were there multiple guns involved?
Is this an area that is all private or is there public land around where people can come and go for recreation? Are there homes nearby were someone may have heard some shooting?
I see some pretty major powerlines in the background of the pics.
What is the nearest city and how far away is it?
It’s pretty much a neighborhood...

the bulls were on private property with a public road through it. Road accessed several housing developments but there wasn’t any homes in the General area of the bulls. I’m surprised somebody didn’t see them. Anytime I saw them people were taking pictures of them

What would possess someone to do this. Just plain mean I would like to take these jack wads and hang them by their toes. Then let the animals have their way with them........ Hopefully a coyote bites their privates off...

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom