Park City Utah ???

N

NMHUNTNUTT1

I know theres a bunch of you guys and gals here from Utah. I'll be up in Park City July 22-28 for the Triple Crown Sports World Fastpitch Tournament , my 14 year old daughter plays competative fastpitch and it takes all over during the course of the year.
Just dropping a line to see if theres alot of great stuff to do up there, water parks, amusement parks etc, and NO Bobcat, your back yard isn't considered an amusement park.How far from Salt Lake and other fun areas ???? Thanks....

NM,

i will try to help.

pc has the olympic park and alpine slide. lots of eats and drinks. shopping if you like that. lagoon is probably 30-40 minutes away with a amusement park and water park.

Park City has alot to do. Bring your camera because its got alot of great scenery. Definitely go to the olympic park. Ride the Alpine slide. There is alot of shops and outlet stores there as well if you have people that like to shop with you. Bring your fly rod and fish the Provo like was mentioned earlier. Search on google because Park City is one of the funnest cities in Utah IMO.

True story, a real fun place but bring your check book, it ain't cheap. If you want to fish someplace special try Strawberry Reservoir.... a world class trout pond. Some neat golf courses too.

RUS

HEY NMHUNTNUTT1!!!

YOU AIN'T SEEN MY BACK YARD NOW HAVE YOU???

KIND'OF A SPENDY LITTLE TOWN!!!

NICE SCENERY!!!

CABELA'S AINT TOO FAR AWAY!!!

TAKE YOUR CHECKBOOK THOUGH,THERES DAMN SURE SOMETHING IN THERE YOU WANT!!!

YOU'LL HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

OMGosh I want to go to that tournament to watch! I'm a former college softball player and love to watch a good fastpitch game. I cannot wait until my daughter is old enough for traveling teams. She's just 6 and I've got her in the boys pitching machine league to learn the game for now but, I'm going to get her pitching and really get serious with her in a few years.

As I'm sure you know with your daughter, it will require alot of hard work and tons of travel. Not just to the tourneys either. I'll have to get her on a club team from out in Salt Lake (3 hour drive). I have friends from out here in the Basin (just 2 hours from Park City) who drive their daughters out to Salt Lake and back 3 and 4 times a week to play both softball and volleyball on club teams. That's what we've got to do though for serious competition and for our girls to get some better experience.

What position is your daughter playing? Tell her GOOD LUCK and have some fun. BTW...you'll love being in Park City. Especially in July. It's not as hot there. It'll still be warm, but you won't be in 100 degree temps at all. If you and your wife like to go out there are plenty of places to go in Park City. It really is a fun city to visit. That's where I do most of my clothes shopping, too. LOVE taking trips to Park City. Maybe I'll just have to go out there shopping during that tourney and catch a few games.

Try Strawberry to catch a monster trout. 45 mins. There is a ton of Forest around to camp and picnic. If you see Triple K there. Slap her up side the head for posting pics of me on the internet. I am sure she will be mean again so slap her for that too.

My daughter played girls fast pitch and did the regional deal. What fun that was. Good luck to your daughter. Rutnbuck

Hey NM, there aren't any water parks or amusement parks per se in Park City, but PC is only 30 mins or 45 mins from SLC or Provo, respectively.

In SLC, there is Raging Waters, a water park. In Provo, Seven Peaks is a combination water/amusement park. In Lehi, you have Cabelas (pretty cool, hang on to your checkbook) as well as Thanksgiving Point, which has a fantastic Natural History museum and IMAX theater. Further north in Farmington you've got Lagoon, an amusement park.

For outdoors, there are many good dirt roads that are suitable for passenger cars or SUV's right out of Park City. You can go from there over to one of the Front's prettier canyons, Big Cottonwood. That will bring you back down into the SL Valley, it's a nice couple hour trip through some pretty country.

Strawberry for big fish, PRovo for flyfishing, or just head east to Kamas and the Uintas if'n you want to see some beautiful BIG COUNTRY.

>
>
>If you see Triple K
>there. Slap her up side
>the head for posting pics
>of me on the internet.
>I am sure she will
>be mean again so slap
>her for that too.
>
You saw those?? LOL I thought they got nuked in a big hurry before you saw them. ;-)

Thanks for all the responses. I showed them to my wife and she's pretty excited about heading up there. TripleK my daughter is 14 and plays for the NM Sundancers 16u. Last year in the 14u they finished 17th in the USSSA world tourny. She's about to be a sophmore , and young one , but she loves the game. They qualified this past weekend for the USSSA world tourny for 07 and we head out tommorrow to OKC for the college world series and the Triple Crown All American qualifier to get to Park City. My youngest monster is 8 and plays for the 10U Sundancers as well. My older plays 2nd( it's her wheel house), catcher , and all three out field positions and my littel one pitches(pretty well too) and also plays second and any of the three fielding positions. For an 8 year old she already plays the over throw on both corners and covers on the push for bunt hits. She only has 2 pitches, a fastball that carries around 37 mph and a sweet change up. Both my daughters go to Ron Mimms for hitting. He was the Canadian Olympic fastpitch coach. Any how , I'm very proud of them both.

http://www.parkcitymountain.com/summer/activities/index.html
buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom