Parker Plateau Antelope

Redbluff77

My father got lucky and drew the any weapon Parker Plateau buck pronghorn tag at the hunt expo. He hasn't really hunted big game aside from Wild Boar. I'm excited for him because he drew the tag on his birthday!! He's 70 years old and doesn't hike to far into the backcountry anymore , but he still get's around ok. I'm not to much help in scouting because I'm in a wheelchair, but I can still do some glassing. Can someone please give me any tips or advice on Parker Unit? Thanks in advance

Greg

For the most part you can do most scouting or glassing from the roads. They aren't hard to find. A good one might be a bit of a challenge.

Drive up above loa. There is a web of dirt roads all the way up to boulder. You shouldn't have any issue finding them from the road and limiting hiking needed.

How are the roads around Loa and Boulder Mountain? I read a thread where some guys have to replace the running boards on their trucks quite often after traveling up the Boulder Mountain. I have some what high clearance on my 4x4 truck. Thanks

You can drive your wife?s Honda Accord on most of the roads on the Parker with good weather. I wouldn't but easy to glass. Just remember it isn't always as flat as it looks. A lot of those low pockets hold Antelopes and water holes. Good luck playing sniper with those goats. Have fun my daughter drew a Expo tag a few years ago. It's was during the elk hunt my boy drew on the fish lake. We hunted elk in the morning. Drove down where we knew of some good bucks. She was down the first day. The bucks where rutting and two of them wouldn't leave a hot doe.

You?re over thinking this hunt by a lot. Just go down, drive around and find one to shoot. I've hunted the unit a lot for bucks and does. Probably killed or helped kill 15, over the years. We had one hunt that made it until noon before we cut a tag. And that was an archery hunt over water and it took a few hours for one that is big enough to come in and water. Main roads are great. Most 2 track roads suck a big one. Just go have fun and don't over think it.

Hey there. Red Bluff CA is my old stomping grounds. I moved out to UT a decade ago. I have hunted the Parker/Plateau a few times over the years and killed a few average antelope. As mentioned above, finding animals will not be a problem.

If you want to PM me, I'll be glad to help out with some more specific info. ?????SS

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom