Parking in unit 21

nocwalker

Unit 21 has lots of oil and gas derek's from what I hear. I can see them from above on g-earth and Onx etc... Do you guys know if its ok to park in a back corner of one of those spots if its a spot we need to get into?

Thanks Bill V

There’s no active drilling there currently so there won’t be any drill rig derricks. I assume you mean well pads?

Access to well pads on BLM is controlled by the surface leasee. They control that small piece of land while in production. Also there may be pumper or water hauling activities going that puts your truck at risk. There is always the potential for gas to be around that could be ignited by your truck.

I would find another spot to park.

No oil company I know will give you are hard time unless they are reworking the hole and have to bring in a rig. That's the risk you take parking on one. Don't be a Adam Henry and you should be ok but technically they do have rights to the pad restricting access.

I work for the company that owns most of the wells in 21. Not a big deal at all to park on a pad, just please park out of the way and as far away from the well head, separator and meter building as possible, and be very careful not to back over or hit any piping for your own safety. Like mentioned above though, plenty of places to park off the pad.

Good luck on your hunt!

Thanks Just a Hunter. Yea, I didn’t know if there were lots of places to pull over or not and I would rather have the info and knowledge so we don’t create any problems. Local unwritten laws type things.

thanks man. Bill v

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom