Passing down the Fuel

Chump

Can of worms opening, but love the interaction and responses here so off we go! Setting down my 2014 Bowtech Fuel. Why did I purchase a fuel? Shoulder surgeries both sides and at the time I was just punching targets in the yard, so it fit the bill perfectly.

Recently my wife has begun shooting it and I have returned to hunting, started with a Bull Elk tag earlier this year which challenged my gear and my physical condition. Strenghtend my core and stabilized the shoulders to a huge degree since the hunt that I feel I can stay at 50#s and conceivably push up to 55/60 with the newer bows. Small stature guy here, 27.5" draw, so this makes for a tough gear set for larger game. Main takeaway, my wife wants the Fuel, works for me lol!!!

Obviously not a speed or power shooter, it's all about a smooth draw bow 100%.

Ya'll know what's next, look forward to everyone's input, crack open them beers!

Cheers,
Chump

I have a new Bowtech Solution SS at 27.5" I turned mine up to 65 lbs to get a little more speed, but the SS, standing for Super Smooth is dead on. Not sure I've ever shot a bow that is this easy to draw per pound and arrow speed.

Get a 60 lbs bow and turn it down to 48 or 50 lbs. The limb lock system clamps down the adjustment so it's not like in the old days where you wanted to shoot every bow at it's max poundage to keep them from rattling around.

Put the flip disk on the 'comfort' setting for most of the year at the lower poundage to keep fit and have fun shooting. Then as the hunting season approaches you can flip it to performance and slowly up your poundage to 52 - 55 and be super confident in putting down any north american game animal with it.

Check and see if they don't have one at the Scheels in Reno you could go shoot. You'll see the second you pick it up if they might have one in 60 lbs available.

Cheers, Pete

I have a new Bowtech Solution SS at 27.5" I turned mine up to 65 lbs to get a little more speed, but the SS, standing for Super Smooth is dead on. Not sure I've ever shot a bow that is this easy to draw per pound and arrow speed.

Get a 60 lbs bow and turn it down to 48 or 50 lbs. The limb lock system clamps down the adjustment so it's not like in the old days where you wanted to shoot every bow at it's max poundage to keep them from rattling around.

Put the flip disk on the 'comfort' setting for most of the year at the lower poundage to keep fit and have fun shooting. Then as the hunting season approaches you can flip it to performance and slowly up your poundage to 52 - 55 and be super confident in putting down any north american game animal with it.

Check and see if they don't have one at the Scheels in Reno you could go shoot. You'll see the second you pick it up if they might have one in 60 lbs available.

Cheers, Pete
Sage advice! Thank you very much Pete and cheers!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom