Passport

Shadow

Very Active Member
Any suggestions on a reasonably quick way to get passports? We're looking at a mid January Cancun trip and have never been out of the country. The standard post office route is 6-8 weeks but I'm told they can expedite them. Is that even possible with the Christmas rush started? Also, I googled several services that can rush them from 1-10 days priced anywhere from $99- $399. has anyone ever used these? Are they legit?

I won a trip in January this year and needed a passport by February. Yes it can be done. And yes you can have them expedited for added money. I suggest going to your local passport office. Take all of your documents, originals. They will take your birth certificate and then mail it back. It was pretty easy. Do a search of what you need and then like I said go to the local office, not the internet. Had mine and my wife's in the mix processing within an hour and we had them within 2 weeks I believe. Good luck.

Most of your local county court houses can get it done for you. I think I would trust them more then the post office. They do charge more to rush it threw. I think we paid around 300.00 plus pictures to get it rushed . I wouldn't wait any longer. Get down and get it done.

>Most of your local county court
>houses can get it done
>for you. I think I
>would trust them more then
>the post office. They do
>charge more to rush it
>threw. I think we paid
>around 300.00 plus pictures to
>get it rushed . I
>wouldn't wait any longer. Get
>down and get it done.
>
+1

I know a guy who can get one for you in a day but your name will probably be misspelled. LOL

Actually, good luck and have a fun trip!
My daughter and her hubby just returned from there. It's a fun place!

Zeke

That's funny Zeke! Same guy can probably haul us to Mexico in the back of a truck too, right? Thanks guys for the info, went to passport office should have em 2-3 weeks.

I got mine a month ago, got it through our local city offices. Only took 3 weeks, no extra pay for rush service.

2a0fcsk.gif

I applied for mine last year for the same reason, Cancun trip.
I was under the same notion that i better give myself 10 weeks.
To my surprise and exactly two weeks to the day, my passport was in my mailbox ?

Shadow:

Go here: travel.state.gov

You can find out how to go to the Passport Office in Aurora, CO (probably other PP offices in other large cities) and get a passport within a few days or so IF you are within 2 weeks of needing the passport to travel out of the country.

ClearCreek

Thanks guys for the replies, we found a passport office At the city offices and they hooked us up on the expedite program 2-3 weeks. Then, we decided the first week of February worked better so we didn't need to rush after all but atleast we'll have them rather than sweating it. And the process was pretty simple. Lookin forward to the trip cuz I'm jus a hillbilly never been nowhere sept up on the mountain type feller:) Thanks again all, for the advice. Pretty good bunch here.

After you get back . You might rather be on the mountain. Instead of hanging out with all of those foreigners!! ? Well that's how I was anyway. Got some funny looks reading hunting magazines and long range shooting books around the pool. ?

The companies that offer expedited service are legit and very reliable. I and numerous co-workers have used them for work several times. Specifically, i used CIBT and Travisa Visa.

Just a couple of tips for traveling:

Check on your cell phone usage before you go, I have AT&T and usage is free in Mexico but I think you have to go to your account and set it up before you go.

Take some cash and don't use your credit card any more than you have to. I mean if you have a margarita in some back alley bar have enough cash to pay for it and don't give them your credit card.

We stayed in an all inclusive place and didn't spend much extra.

The time share salesman will assault you as soon as you get off the plane. The free tours they are offering might be worth it to you but not to me.

As far as foreigners, there will be more Americans there than Mexicans, other "foreigners" will be Canadians, they are OK, just don't try to drink with them. A little Canadian girl that weighed about a hundred pounds won the beer chugging contest when I was there.

Enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the tips. I generally travel with a pre paid debit card because I don't care to carry a lot of cash. It is an all inclusive but I was still thinking 3k or so on a card for spending. Any advise on cold cash vs card cash?

A prepaid debit card sounds like a good idea for travel out of the country but I would still carry a few hundred dollars cash for taxi, tips, souvenirs, etc. Last year we were in Cabo and we didn't exchange any money for pesos, everyone seemed to be happy with US dollars.

$3K is a lot more than I would spend but I guess it depends on how much you plan to do, excursions/tours, etc.

I don't know how a big a tipper you are but I carry a lot of small denomination bills (ones and fives) for tips.

If you pay for everything up front(including airport shuttle) at an all inclusive place you can not spend another penny if you don't want to.

A couple of other things:

You can probably purchase tours through the hotel or from people on the street. The hotel will be less risk but I have purchased tours in town and didn't have any problems.

Hotel may advertise free Wifi but it may not be any good, only works in the lobby, purchasing the good Wifi is probably worth it, maybe $30 for three or four devices.

Have a good trip.

We ended up on a clothing optional beach and my wife informed me I'd better turn my hunting magazine right-side up if I wanted to fool anyone! BUSTED!
(I spent several enjoyable hours on that beach. hehe)
Zeke

That's right Zeke, they have adult resorts and family resorts. I don't get to go to the "Adult" resorts. My wife says I would be staring at all the topless women and smiling(and I would be)so I don't get to go to the "Adult resorts).

LAST EDITED ON Dec-29-16 AT 10:38AM (MST)[p]My wife and I knew nothing about the "optional" beach when we went there. Obviously I made sure she knew I was repulsed by such sights and I suggested we use a beach somewhere else the next day. I save the day and my azz! haha

It reminds me of some hot-pots that my wife and I hike into in Idaho. My wife, being the friendly person she is, hollered to a couple girls to join us since the other pots were occupied and they were having a difficult time finding a place to soak. Everything was fine until both the girls took off their tops. I was dragged out by my ear and wondered what I had done to deserve such rough treatment.

Life's little adventures!

Zeke

PS: I'm still recovering from those horrible experiences but I'm making good progress

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-29-16
>AT 10:38?AM (MST)

>
>My wife and I knew nothing
>about the "optional" beach when
>we went there. Obviously I
>made sure she knew I
>was repulsed by such sights
>and I suggested we use
>a beach somewhere else the
>next day. I save the
>day and my azz! haha
>
>
>It reminds me of some hot-pots
>that my wife and I
>hike into in Idaho. My
>wife, being the friendly person
>she is, hollered to a
>couple girls to join us
>since the other pots were
>occupied and they were having
>a difficult time finding a
>place to soak. Everything was
>fine until both the girls
>took off their tops. I
>was dragged out by my
>ear and wondered what I
>had done to deserve such
>rough treatment.
>
>Life's little adventures!
>
>Zeke
>
>PS: I'm still recovering from those
>horrible experiences but I'm making
>good progress

???????????

GO to your local Main post office they can help you get them processed and fast than messing around on the internet.

I got mine renewed in less than 2 weeks back in April 2016 for my trip overseas a few months ago. Got my VISA in San Francisco at the consulate office there. I don't think you need a visa just a passport.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Got them. Took just under 2 weeks pretty painless really. What may not be so painless is getting a hall pass from my better half on Sunday the 5th to sneak back to the room so I can watch my cowboys win the Super Bowl. I didn't think that through real good when we was picking dates I guess?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom