Past wasatch bulls

xbow

Would love to see wasatch bulls taken in the last few years to get me even more excited for my hunt coming up next weekend! If you have any let's see them. Not too caught up in the whole score thing but if you want to post it, it may help for reference. I'm definitely no expert in field judging an elk!

Look up Doug Degelbeck bull killed on the Wasatch in the mid 2000's. One of the best looking bulls ever taken. Oh and a Giant... A really cool story goes along with the hunt. Its too bad guys don't or won't post more success pics and stories here on MM anymore.. We used to be able to see and read a lot of great hunts and animals taken every year. Miss those posts...

Hogg is right, there used to be a lot more pictures and a lot more stories.

But I will play along. Here are my two Wasatch bulls.

27214elk2li.jpg

23228img4751.jpg

29580img4753.jpg

Oh the good Ole days when the Wasatch unit was an awesome unit thanks dwr. Sitting in the big g in Fruitland watching disappointed after disappointed elk hunter is getting depressing

I have a lot of pictures of friends and family bulls too. But they are not mine to post.

The Wasatch has become more of an opportunity hunt then a trophy unit. My second bull was still a trophy. But the biggest trophy that came out of that hunt was the memories and the fact that it is the only animal my father and/or son have been with me for.

The Wasatch point creep is only inflated because of proximity too the largest population base in Utah. Anyone who expects a Pahvant or San Juan experience, or even a 6-8 year ago experience will be disappointed.

But if you put in some time a 340-370 bull is still very realistic on this unit. The real problem is peopke have unrealistic expectations and are inherently lazy!!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom