Paulina Unit

O

OrHunter007

Got my paulina unit buck tag again third year in a row. Been hunting this unit many years now and have had great luck took a nice 4 point with a 26 inch spread last year. Biggest so far was my 30 inch 5 point I got 6 years ago. Just wondering if anyone else hunt there too and what other bucks people have taken out of that unit?

A friend killed a nice 4X4 there last year. It think it was about 24" spread.

You killed a 30" 5 point? What year? What did it score? I haven't heard of any buck over 24 taken out of there, unless it was on private property. Lets see a pic!

muleyman

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-07 AT 12:40PM (MST)[p]All the bucks where taken on public land around china hat in the Paulina unit. The first two where taken in 1998, right one has 30inch outside spread which I did a full head mount on. Then bottom picture was taken in 1999 by one of our other hunting buddies it has a 32inch outside spead and scored right around 190B&C.

dougrandysbucks.jpg

Justinholdingbutchsbeast.jpg

OrHunter,

I used to live in K-Falls but had to move out of state when i took a new job. A friend who has a ranch in Oregon invited me to come up if I got drawn. He told me to put in for the Paulina Unit. I did and was drawn for Elk and Deer. Now I find out his ranch is near the town of Paulina but it is not in the Paulina unit!
How are the deer numbers in the Paulina unit? I am not expecting a B&C buck just a mature animal. Will it be worth the time and gas to buy this tag? Are there parts of the unit that get over-ran with hunters?

I appreciate any insight you cann give me.

--Bob

>OrHunter,
>
>I used to live in K-Falls
>but had to move out
>of state when i took
>a new job. A
>friend who has a ranch
>in Oregon invited me to
>come up if I got
>drawn. He told me
>to put in for the
>Paulina Unit. I did
>and was drawn for Elk
>and Deer. Now I
>find out his ranch is
>near the town of Paulina
>but it is not in
>the Paulina unit!
>How are the deer numbers in
>the Paulina unit? I
>am not expecting a B&C
>buck just a mature animal.
> Will it be worth
>the time and gas to
>buy this tag? Are
>there parts of the unit
>that get over-ran with hunters?
>
>
>I appreciate any insight you cann
>give me.
>
>--Bob

support your local guzzlers. OHA life member,lapine oregon i live accross the road from the paulina unit there are some great bucks in the unit, but you will need a lot of luck to get one. buy a hunt unit map and look for oregons largest juniper. this would be a fair area to start from

Baltz,

Thanks for the feedback! I know that traveling that Highway at night I used to see good bucks along the roadside in the Lapine vacinity.

As a side note, I am on the local board of the Calif. Deer Asso. and we have had a couple of guzzler projects the last couple of years and have another planner in a couple weeks. In the one coming up we will be replacing a couple of old broken units up very near the to Oregon border. OHA has some great programs and I'm glad you invloved with it.

---Bob

Back
Top Bottom