Peak Rut Central Alberta

Sierra

Very Active Member
Does anyone know when the peak rut is for whitetail and mule deer in Central Alberta? Thinking of planning a hunt. Thanks!

Well if you knew anything about ungulates you would know peak rut changes year to year. Your best bet is to talk to your outfitter. Narrow it down to a few outfitters and go from there.

There are also a few Canadian hunting forums that could be of help. Just google it as I doubt founder would like links posted to other hunting forums.

Respectfully,

SS

Well if you knew anything about ungulates you would know peak rut changes year to year. Your best bet is to talk to your outfitter. Narrow it down to a few outfitters and go from there.

There are also a few Canadian hunting forums that could be of help. Just google it as I doubt founder would like links posted to other hunting forums.

Respectfully,
Historically speaking Mr. Alaska. Not the exact date. Not going with an outfitter. You must spend 20 hours a day on MM. You even found me in one of the more obscure forums on this site.

Historically speaking Mr. Alaska. Not the exact date. Not going with an outfitter. You must spend 20 hours a day on MM. You even found me in one of the more obscure forums on this site.
If you’re not going with an outfitter then ask the resident you’re going with because that’s the only way you can legally hunt Alberta. Does everything need ? fed to you?

As far as time I click on “new posts”, click on topics that interest me. Takes a whopping 30 secs. But I’m beginning to feel you don’t know the easiest way to do things.

Oh and if all you were wondering was “historically” the answer is NOVEMBER. Rooks!

Here I’ll spoon feed you again. Like I said in my first reply talk to your outfitter or resident friend who will vouch for you for your “peak” rut question. That’s the only way you’re hunting Alberta. Since you live in CA there is a way if your husband is from Alberta.

D66EE786-B657-4746-807F-AE6C002BF11F.png

We know no one is going to sign up for a hunter host for a Californian ! Hhahahha ? ?

I hunter the Peace River country many times. Frankly, I have observed rut activity during the entire month of November. Usually after the 15th of November in my experience is pretty good. I don’t think there is any magic dates though.

Rich

Your head is so far up your ass that you failed to post the relevant section of the regs. You posted the NR (Canadian) rules instead of the NR (alien) rules. Not too mention you missed the specific language about NR (aliens) being able to hunt mule deer with a host as long as the unit does not require a draw. Here’s the relevant sections.
038263B9-0F84-4496-B954-DC9915F579CC.png
3C06A0A2-E567-445B-B792-7CD7EA44BB6F.png

Since you’re a little slow and like to be spoon fed, I circled the relevant rule in blue. View attachment 44738
And if you look in my original reply to you the only way you can hunt is with a outfitter or a friend (host). And we sure as hell know you don’t have the latter. The odds of you hunting Alberta without an outfitter is zero….

Also the rules are basically the same for NR Canadian and NR alien so yeah…..

You better get booked with an outfitter quick, most are booked up for 2022 already.

On a serious note I hope you have a great hunt if you can make it happen. It’s obvious you’ve put tons of research in so I’m sure you can get it done!

Respectfully,

SS

isn't a NR alien someone that lives in Alberta but isn't a citizen?
No. A non resident alien is someone that doesn’t live in Canada. A Non resident is someone who lives in Canada but not Alberta.

Homer, Canada isn’t satisfied with a two cast system, if two’s good, three has to be better. I’m surprised they haven’t gone to the four cast system yet....... Resident, Non-Resident, Non-Resident Alien, and Non-Resident American Alien.

Homer, Canada isn’t satisfied with a two cast system, if two’s good, three has to be better. I’m surprised they haven’t gone to the four cast system yet....... Resident, Non-Resident, Non-Resident Alien, and Non-Resident American Alien.
US has a similar system fyi

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Canada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Outstanding waterfowl or whitetail deer hunt in beautiful Saskatchewan, Canada.

Urge 2 Hunt

Premier hunts in Alberta for trophy whitetail, mule deer, elk, moose and black bear. Guaranteed tags.

Back
Top Bottom