Pedestal habitats

OpeningDay

Hello all,
I am looking for pedestal habitat ideas for my 2023 Henry's buck mount.

I am pretty set on an octagon type barn wood pedestal, but I am lost when it comes to habitats to add to the top. Any pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Buck two.jpg

Dry grass and a few sagebrush branches should do the trick, based on the kill site picture. I like to use spray foam on top, rasp it down once it’s dry and give it a bit of an uneven texture. Once that’s done, I spray paint flat black, smear the foam with elmers wood glue and sprinkle a thin layer of screened dirt onto the glue. Gives the top a nice texture without much dirt.

Here are a couple I’ve done. It doesn’t really take much habitat, just whatever feels right. The elk had some pine stuff and a few rocks added later but you’ll know what looks right to you.

ABA2F0BC-3853-45CD-81CB-9A1C77709FC3.png

F1D22005-7A51-49F2-B806-EAAF1D325FA4.png

No habitat. Use a pretty piece of stone counter top- granite, marble, soapstone, etc... There are lots of color choices. Stone looks more crisp, easier to clean, and won't deteriorate over time. Habitat usually looks old after a few years and is a pain to keep clean.
I'd make sure the cabinet has a door and shelves in it. Makes it useable for some storage.

Hello all,

I am pretty set on an octagon type barn wood pedestal, but I am lost when it comes to habitats to add to the top. Any pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 102609
Hello all,

View attachment 102609

425BAB20-8103-436D-B1A1-EAF99FF98611.jpeg

No habitat. Use a pretty piece of stone counter top- granite, marble, soapstone, etc... There are lots of color choices. Stone looks more crisp, easier to clean, and won't deteriorate over time. Habitat usually looks old after a few years and is a pain to keep clean.
I'd make sure the cabinet has a door and shelves in it. Makes it useable for some storage.
Something that matches the natural stone in the area.
Storage is a great point, good use of space.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom