Pentax 10x43 dcf sp or 10x50?

ELKOHOLIC

Very Active Member
Ok, I think I've narrowed down my bino choice to Pentax. I see they make a 10x43 and a 10x50. Are the 10x50's worth $60.00 more? Not to worried about the size and weight difference. Also, they are in the $500.00 range. Good choice?

I just received my DCF SP's in 10x43 about a month ago, great binoc's for the money, or even twice the money. Everyone sees things a little differently, I looked at all the binoc's including the Swaro EL's, they are better but I really couldn't see the $1200 difference. Foreman4x4 on this website gave me a great contact - Doug at cameraland in NY. I know of several other MM members that contacted Doug, great to work with - I paid $439 shipped for the 10x43's. Anyway, I don't think you would be disapointed with the 10x43's I looked at the 10x50's but the others just seemed to fit better and carry a little better. They are a great choice, regardless of $$$$.
Frank

I owne Swarovski but have experienced the Pentaxes and I feel that they are a great choice. Goodluck, fatrooster.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-06 AT 09:29PM (MST)[p]10x43's for an all-around hunting bino, or 8x43's if you need better light gathering capability. I'm not a big fan of 10x50's because I don't think you gain anything in the real world other than weight and bulk...

Oregonmuley's right, Doug @ Cameraland is the man when it comes to optics. You won't find better prices or service anywhere!

[email protected]
www.cameralandny.com
212-753-5128

Well, I purchased the 10x43's through Cameraland. Said it should take about a week to get them.

Awesome! You'll be pleased with them! I'll bet you have them in less than a week. I ordered a pair of 10x43 DCF SP's for my father-in-law this past Father's Day and they got from New York to Utah in 3 days. They use DHL and it seems to me they're a lot quicker than the other carriers....

When I ordered mine it was late in the day on a Thursday - I live in Oregon City, Oregon. Had them on my doorstep the following Wednesday morning - they will show up just like they told you or earlier. And you will be happy first time you use them.

I have some 9x63 dcf for many years and they are well worth the money I spent. Very clear and bright... I would go with the 10 x 50's, let's more light in when you need it most.

Stop Global Whining

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom