Permit Question for Unit 704 Elk

brookhunter19

Hi All,

I hope someone can help clarify for me!

Are there separate permits for Archery & Rifle for unit 704 for this year, or is there only one permit, and you can hunt both Archery and Rifle if you draw and purchase an Archery lic?

Thanks!

Separate permits for Archery and Rifle, Draw odds on rifle are much more difficult. If you draw a Rifle you can also hunt with archery equipment during archery season and a muzzleloader during the muzzleloader season.

Thanks Antlerradar!

I wonder if the Elk are still on public during Rifle?

Do you have any experience in that area during Rifle?

Thanks!

You can archery and muzzleloader hunt with a rifle permit. If you draw an archery you can only archery hunt. Secondly, you can’t hunt antlered elk in another unit if your tag is a 799-20 or 799-21, so you can’t hunt a general unit for when your permit is valid in 702, 704, or 705.
There are elk around over there, but are highly mobile, and a lot of hunters that are not successful due to various reasons. Hunting private compared public are two different worlds over there. I’ve been on three rifle elk hunts in 704 and got two smaller to average size bulls, I’ve gotten bigger bulls in general units that I knew the elk movement better. The two biggest downsides are the amount of roads and hunters everywhere. Lots of cow tags, pronghorn, and unlimited deer tags available. Hopefully this answers your questions

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom