Phone Scope Alternative????

DBLung

I've used a phone scope for over a decade. Getting a new phone. Phone Scope doesn't offer a case for it, and said they have no plans to make one. I don't like the universal mount they have. What other options are there that aren't junk??

I use a specialty tool called "Swear Words". I hold my phone up to the spotter and move my phone around the lens trying to get the deer in the picture. It's kind of like the old HUD targeting system in a F-4 Phantom while it's dog fighting a Mig-21 over Vietnam and it's trying to keep him in the kill ring. Anyway nothing ever works right until you break out the special tool "Swear words". It normally involves words and phrases used during traffic jams and good sex but right when you think you are going to kick your spotter off the mountainside you grumble the perfect "Swear Word" and everything comes into picture and focus and you get the shot.

One downside to using the new tool is you have to have one of the newer spotters that has ears.

Seen decent reviews on this setup, for $17.99 its pry worth a try.

Screenshot_20201117-172636.png

Tines up has a phonecam that has worked well for me. You can buy tabs and put them on any case you have instead of buying a case for a specific phone.

Novagrade digiscoping adapter. You won't like the price but at least you won't have to keep buying a new expensive piece of plastic everytime you get a new phone like the phone scope. I have a new phone once a year, so that's my best option. If I kept a phone for long periods, I'd look at a more permanent option like the phone scope.

I've used a phone scope for over a decade. Getting a new phone. Phone Scope doesn't offer a case for it, and said they have no plans to make one. I don't like the universal mount they have. What other options are there that aren't junk??
I’ve gotta NovaGrade adapter I’d give to you for a good price. Not sure it’ll work for you, but it is very flexible with phone sizes.

So i bought one when they first came out for my HTC s5 with the adapters to fit my optics. The next phone i got obviously wasn't gonna work and the new case was $50, im cheap so i bought a cheap case for $5 and cut the eye piece off of the original phoneskope case leaving a good amount of surface area and lined it up over the camera slot on the new phone case and super glued it down. Its not the prettiest but it gets the job done. I have done this probably 5 times now. Lol.

Side note, while at the hunting expo the first or second year they came out while I was at there booth I overheard a conversation between a phonskope guy and someone else, he said it costs them about .50 cents to make a case, at the time they was selling them for $50. Just thought that was interesting.

PhoneCam universal adapter is a nice option. Buy a cheap hard plastic case any time you get a new phone. About the same price as PhoneSkope up front but cheaper down the road. Seems to work better for me too. You can get it on Amazon, Black Ovis or direct from Tines Up.

I've looked at the Novagrade adapter. It looks nice, but price and size weren't what I was looking for.

Take a look at universal phone cam, don’t know if they have one that fits your phone but they are wayyyy better quality

The Novagrade is a no brainer. I have used it with three different phones. It is bulletproof. it is a little bulky but well worth it. Expensive until you realize you don’t have to buy another one when you change phones. I have the double gripper.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom