pick up your d@#$ trash

freaknasty

NOW i GOT A GRIPE AND ITS JUST EATING ME UP. WHY DO YOU, NOT ALL OF YOU. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. GOT THE BALLS TO BUY BEER SODA AND WHAT EVER ELSE YOU TAKE WITH YOU TO THE MOUNTAINS AND ONCE YOUR DONE WITH IT THROW THE TRASH OUT OUT THE WINDOW AND TRASH THE MOUNTAINS AND STREAMS AND ROAD SIDES ECT.... PLEASE PLEASE POLICE YOURSELF AND OTHERS IF THEY DON'T HAVE THE RESPECT FOR THE OUTDOORS .
YOU KNOW IM JUST TIRED OF SEEING TRASH IN THE WOODS AND I'M NOT TALKING JUST ON THE SIDE OF THE ROADS IETHER I WAS IN COW CREEK YESTERDAY AND PICKED UP ALMOST HALF A 50 # DOG FOOD BAG OF SMASHED CANS AND OTHER TRASH THIS WAS I ABOUT 1/4 MILE ONLY AND I KNOW I DIDN'T GET THEM ALL. I WAS HUNTING FOR TURKEYS AND SHEDS THIS PAST WEEKEND AND WAS FINDING TRASH WAY OFF THE BEATEN PATH I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT TO TAKE A FULL BEER ALL THE IN THERE AND THEN LEAVE THE CAN THERE DOESN'T WEIGH LESS AFTER YOU'VE DRINKIN IT YA DUH.
A CHALLENGE TO ALL WHO LOVE THE OUTDOORS??? How MUCH TRASH CAN YOU BRING BACK WHEN YOU GO OUT. I'M SAVEING ALL THE CANS I GET TO SEE HOW MUCH I CAN MAKE AT THE END OF THE SUMMER. i WOULD RATHER BE FISH WITH MY GIRLS. THAN PICKING UP TRASH BUT I'LL DO IT TO SET THE EXAMPLE

COME ON PEOPLE RESTECT IT

LIVE TO HUNT HUNT TO LIVE

Wow! As much as I agree and was actually thinking the same thoughts on Saturday, I really doubt that the readers of this forum are the culprits...

DC

Why do people even take beer into the mountains??? How about they try taking water bottles or just fill up your camelback!!!

The rancher that lives next to the BLM land where we hunt, puts 2--50 gallon trash cans next to our camp, one for the trash and the other one for allum. cans, We usually tip him $30 bucks to dispose our trash and we offer to help out on anything he needs around his ranch.(which he always puts us work anyways)

Years ago, I decided that instead of "Adopt a Highway". I would adopt a Forest Service road and pick up trash one day every spring. I usually wait until ground squirrel season gets going, throw in the 22 and a cooler (lunch, not beer) and spend the day from close to town out to my hunting area. Can fill the entire bed of the truck, every year.

Might have to start doing it Spring and Fall!

when I teach hunter ed clss we try to instill the hunter code of ethics and for the most part everyone gets it. I think that the problem lies with the older generation maybe they don't care about ethics and passing on the respect for the outdoors. We teach our students to obey the code and have their companions to do the same, if not don't go with them. Hopefully they'll get the message sonner or later.(hopefully)
The forests are ours to enjoy and preserve for future generations and if we keep trashing them what are they gonna have to enjoy a thrashed out wilderness or a pristine forest for all to enjoy be it hunters, hikers, campers, picnicers ect.The forset service doesn't have the resources to send people out to clean up after us nor should they it is and always will be OUR RESPONSIBILITY to keep what we have as good or better than we found it.
So what can we do ?????? lets put our heads together and come up with a solution to our growing problem.
what about the other states anyone out there got the same problem i'm sure you do post it on other sites as well see what we can come up with
?????????????????????????????????????????

live to hunt junt to live

You guys are lucky you dont live in Kalifornicated. Here is what you may encounter once you get far enough away from the roads. Aluminum cans of white gord juice, pineapple juice cans, wads of crumbled up aluminum foil with left over rice, plastic kitchen bags, plastic water bottles, occasional soft drink bottle, yes, a few cans of empty beer containers and more spent shotgun shells that resemble Christmas tree ornaments.

I dont know how many times I've approached these people about their trash and they blame it on the Laotians.
Fortunately, its not as bad as it use to be due to the fact that the first generation of boat immigrants are now either dead or too old to hunt.

I hate to say it, but some people just don't care and never will. The other sad thing is that most of those people that leave their trash behind are not likely to read this posting as someone else already stated. Maybe they know people like us will pick it up for them? While others are just plain lazy. Easter weekend seems to draw these kinds of people out only to leave their camps littered.
What ever the case I think that when they create that negativity it will only come back at them in one way or another. I must have picked up a couple truck loads of trash this spring...I figure for every 20 cans or so I would be blessed with a nice shed.
Unfortunately we won't be able to change these kinds of people so the best we can do is pity them and be the better humans and clean up after them. Please be cautious about approaching some people because I almost had a gang of guys jump me after I witnessed them toss a beer bottle which I then approached them about. Another issue that I feel should be addressed is where our tax dollars are going in the forest service!?! I see government trucks driving around the mountains only to see a trail of trash behind them that never gets cleaned up. I see lots of new ranger stations like the Sandia station in Tijeras and new facilities being installed, but not much effort is being placed on clean up and law enforcement aimed at people trashing our public lands. Here is a pic from this spring from a trailhead which accesses the Gila Wilderness. Seems like the forest service can't clean up even though they facilitate the trailhead. This garbage was definitely from last fall and has sat out there all winter into spring only to be spread by the wind and wildlife.
IMG_4456.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom